• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapersaurus

Explorer
"Say, Jay-lo.

You already messed with dis ghost before?
How should we go bout it?
If you want some help to make him go away, I can help.

OOC: Aid Another action with turning attempts.

"Can we talk to it, get some info?
Or should we just get past it and check the rooms beyond for the Opal, maybe?"

HeavyG

First Post
reapersaurus said:
"Say, Jay-lo.

You already messed with dis ghost before?
How should we go bout it?
If you want some help to make him go away, I can help.

Before Jalon can answer, a dark shape, transparent, in the shape of a robed monk, turns the corner and comes into view.

The fast babbling gets louder,
"Obey it. Nothing the Law can smashing my head slippery. 'The gnolls carry the Law', says Endigon. The other than direct one authority of Law, against the Law. Follow the Law. Endigon, your riddle is, but Law cannot. Obey Law directs you..."

The babbling is totally insane and oddly fascinating. Everyone but Jalon and Murhid stands open-mouthed listening to it as the ghostly form approaches the party.

(Remind me of marching order again ?)

You can consider that we're in combat time starting now.

Last edited:

Taz

First Post
“Err... Uh... Hrm... The...”

Taz stands there open-mouthed, staring at the ghostlike apparition. Since we probably do not have our old marching order present, she'll be in the second rank behind some of the fighter types, but able to use her perceptive skills to aid the party.

reapersaurus

Explorer
OOC: All i know is, Ubaar's in the back.... normally.
I was assuming in this scene, he had been pushing forward to get them to go down the unexplored hall where the light was indicating.
I know as a player the light probably isn't indicating where the Opal is (seems more like presence of evil, or creatures, to me) but Ubaar would like the shiny light and prefer to explore unexplored areas.

And why would a babbling diatribe about the Law interest Ubaar?
He's about as Chaotic as they come.... :)

"Umm.. Yeah.
Law and stuff.
Dat's all interesting......Endrigon strong.
Law strong."

Last edited:

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Recognising that his companions are entranced by the ghastly monks gibbering, Jalon pulls forth his silver icon to Tyr from about his neck.

'Your understanding of the law is pitiful... face the light of true justice and tremble, fiend.'

[OOC: Turning attempt]

Murhid

First Post
"Pitiful yes, the poor phantom has been mystified by such a silly riddle." Murhid agrees "His mind his kingdom, and his will his law – once whispered a wise person. You have no need to know more than that my not so opaque brother. Oh... maybe Tyr can save you."
Murhid then hops off the wall, which he was previously sitting against, and takes forth three silvered shuriken from his sleeve. 'Transparent fiends? Maybe these can hit' He says to himself.

[OOC: Murhid has now gone to the front in our official marching order, though presently he is maybe 20-40ft from where Ubaar and the Ghost are. ~ On another note, would Murhid know anything at all of the mutinous Endigon?]

Doppleganger

First Post
Ivellios stands with a glazed look in his eyes and his arms drop lifelessly to his sides. He mumbles in an even monotone voice, "Obey law directs me. Endigon is law cannot. Must riddle the gnolls......."

HeavyG

First Post
Murhid said:
On another note, would Murhid know anything at all of the mutinous Endigon?]

Nope. Doesn't ring a bell.

The three silver shuriken pass right through the ghost without slowing down.

Jalon Odessa said:
Recognising that his companions are entranced by the ghastly monks gibbering, Jalon pulls forth his silver icon to Tyr from about his neck.

'Your understanding of the law is pitiful... face the light of true justice and tremble, fiend.'

Jalon steps forth and focuses the power of Tyr through his icon. The undead's babble slows down and it shrieks. Then it starts backing slowly away from the priest.

(The rest of the party is still hypnotized, tho.)

(Damn that level up and another lucky roll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads