• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taz

First Post
As soon as the light turns golden again, Taz will stop and move back to see, if the white light returns, telling the others to wait a short moment. If the white light does return, she will then draw an imaginary circle through the two borderpoints, where the light changed (there are two possible directions and many possible diameters, but there should be a rough direction discernable, where the center of the 'whatever' lies, which triggered the change) - hope you understand what I mean, at least I assume, that it is something at some distance away (one possibility would be that secret door, but it did not glow like that rat back then, right?), therefore I assume, that there is a circleshaped area centered on that 'whatever', which triggers the vial.

“I want to check on what is bringing the light to change color. I'll not move too far away, don't worry!”

Taz then moves slowly towards the center, well, where she thinks where the center might be at least, assuming a range of no more than 60'. If one of the directions will bring her towards the ghost, she'll not continue too far on that track and wait until later, when the whole party will move there.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Ubaar would immediately be intrigued by the vial of light.

"Ooooohhhh!! Shiny thing!
What's up with that, TaZ?

You're smart, right?
What does the changing light mean?"

And Ubaar will follow/push Taz to go in the direction of solving the light mystery.
With only 8 charisma, he'll probably appear a little pushy, and over-excited about it.

"Yup, that shiny thing is pretty nice...lemme take a look!" Sollir begins to take some time checking the orbs out, and quickly grows bored if nothing seems to be happening.

"Perhaps we should explore some more, there may be a few critters we left behind...I just don't feel comfortable without cleaning up the place." Sollir fingers an arrow as he waits for the others to respond.

Taz

First Post
Taz takes a few more steps before turning around, shaking her head.

“Do you ever listen to what I'm saying?”

“I believe that it does reveal hidden things, but what exactly I can't tell yet! There is not enough evidence to provide a decent analysis yet.”

She then turns back around and continues, while mumbling something to herself about her sounding like her 'father'.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Taz said:
“I believe that it does reveal hidden things, but what exactly I can't tell yet! There is not enough evidence to provide a decent analysis yet.”
"Well, let's find out what it's hiding"

Sollir wrote:
Perhaps we should explore some more, there may be a few critters we left behind...I just don't feel comfortable without cleaning up the place." Sollir fingers an arrow as he waits for the others to respond.
"Ubaar thinks that's smart.

Let's check this place out..." and Ubaar walks down where Taz was going, into the unexplored part?

Taz

First Post
“Hmmm... either this thing reads our thoughts and points into the direction of our destination, or it shows that there is some creature nearby, because it directs us to the area, where that ghost has been! Well, or there is something else hidden over there, where that ghost is. Let's finish here and then head to that area and see what it's all about, ok?”

reapersaurus

Explorer
"What ghost?!

If we haven't checked out place where magic light says to go, we not doing our job!"

OOC: Ubaar wasn't with the group when the others met the ghost - I'm assuming they didn't let him know - maybe I should assume we all talk about everyting we did off-stage when we get down-time?

If they let him know earlier off-screen, than just say Ubaar forgot about the ghost

Murhid

First Post
"Yes ghosts and lights exceptionally interesting, they would be ten fold if we held the fire opal.

Though maybe one is looking at our goal too directly and one should rather dawdle like a lost mage." Murhid says with a slight sarcastic tone to Kytess and Jalon. (Whom I'm assuming haven't gone after the 'ghost')

Murhid wipes the accumulated sweat and dirt off his forehead. Then in a higher voice so that Ubaar can hear clearly, Murhid says "Prying for the undead like that, often leads to one being dead!! Watch your step friends"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads