• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon of the Fire Opal, part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sollir gives a sigh, as he thinks to himself...I think I liked it better with everyone arguing, ah well, perhaps I should use Jalon as a target for some more egg tossing...the halfling gives a small smile, "So, anyone spot anything interesting?"

Murhid

First Post
Murhid nods sympathetically towards Taz, then turns to Kytess and in a slightly hushed voice says "Perhaps we should move on?"

Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Murhid said:
Murhid nods sympathetically towards Taz, then turns to Kytess and in a slightly hushed voice says "Perhaps we should move on?"

Kytess nods and turns to Jalon.

"Where to next?"

HeavyG

First Post
CRGreathouse said:

Kytess nods and turns to Jalon.

"Where to next?"

Unexplored places - A reminder :

* In the first room at the bottom of the stairs, a corridor goes south.

* There's a eastward corridor a bit south of you, in it :
- A corridor going east (unexplored)
- A corridor going south. In that corridor, a hallway leads west to the area with a ghostly monk. There's also a closed door and the secret door to the area with the dragon (via the witch's room).

* Area with the dragon :
- The room with the lizardfolk
- A closed door in the east wall
- A corridor leading north

I think it would help if someone drew a map from the battle maps I've made so far. :)

Taz

First Post
“I think we should first explore the area where the dragon was. Of course, the lizardfolk trainers will not have left any valuables there, but anyways, this will be a quick task and we can cross this area off our schedule then. If you want to head to the stone directly, that ghostlike apparition some of you talked about seems to be the best bet, if you ask me.”

Conaill

First Post
HeavyG said:
I think it would help if someone drew a map from the battle maps I've made so far. :)

I've got something whipped up, if you're interested. (Of course, I wouldn't want to deprive any of the participants of some extra XP... ;))

Jalon Odessa

First Post
Jalon nods in agreement with the halfling mage, before turning to face the rest of the party.

'My thoughts exactly Taz - I say we head back to the scene of the battle with the dragon and search for more clues there.'

Murhid

First Post
"Very well, Sir Jalon."
Murhid looks the group over quickly.
"If you would not mind Sir, Oneself shall take point and seize the role of scout"

If Jalon agrees, Murhid makes his way outside of the room and slowly scouts ahead, trying to keep 20ft between him and the group.

HeavyG

First Post
The group makes their way carefully to the place where they fought the dragon. The smooth golden light from Eldath's fountain lights their way much better than the continual flames did, enabling them to see a good 40' ahead instead of 20'.

First, they go a bit south, then east along the way, then south again. They pass by a closed door and the corridor where Jalon and Ivellios met the ghost. There is a faint smell of burnt meat in the air, getting stronger as you go south. When they pass that way, the light from the vial turns white and dims a bit.

In the practice room with the training machine and training-themed frescoes, the secret door has been closed by someone since the group left. They quickly get it open again.

On the other side is the witches' bedroom. Some things are missing since last time (clothes on pegs in the walls, writing implements on the writing stand etc). Looks like whoever lived here didn't plan on coming back. The mosaic of strange glyphs still covers the floor.

Opening the door out of the room, the party exits into a wide, L-shaped hallway that is adorned with bas-relief depicting abstract, geometric shapes. This hallway is, like most of the dungeon, littered with organic and mineral debris. This is when Taz's light returns to a nice golden color.

They then go south and east to finally arrive at the place where they fought the dragon. It's body is still here and small flames still burn its flesh in places. The stench of burnt flesh is overpowering here.

Looking around, the party find themselves in another wide L-shaped hallway, debris-strewn and decorated with partially intact bas-reliefs depicting monks standing in line.

The two doors leading to the three rooms with the imp smell are closed. The rooms themselves have already been pretty thoroughly checked out by Ubaar last time. This was where you recovered the religious artifacts.

The two doors leading to the lizardfolk's room are open and no sign of movement is seen in there. There is also a door to the east that is closed and hasn't been explored so far, and a corridor leading north.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads