Dungeon of the Mad Mage Delayed By One Week!

For those waiting for November 2nd's release of Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, there's some bad news -- it looks like the book is being delayed by a week due to a printing issue. WotC says "Halaster is at it again! Because of a hex he cast upon the printing presses in our world, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage Maps & Miscellany & Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Dice Set will be in game stores on Nov. 9 & everywhere else on November 20."

For those waiting for November 2nd's release of Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, there's some bad news -- it looks like the book is being delayed by a week due to a printing issue. WotC says "Halaster is at it again! Because of a hex he cast upon the printing presses in our world, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage Maps & Miscellany & Waterdeep: Dragon Heist Dice Set will be in game stores on Nov. 9 & everywhere else on November 20."

dmmd.jpg

Henry

Autoexreginated
This is why QA exists, and good on them (WotC)! While it's not ideal to miss a deadline, it's far less ideal to rush it anyway and be plagued by customer complaints and replacements. (I wish software and hardware manufacturers learned that lesson more often, but most of the time there are no sufficient penalties to get them to change behavior...)

There's a saying that you only get one chance to make a first impression.

As much as I'm curious to see Undermountain's return, a week extra won't bother me.

This is why QA exists, and good on them (WotC)! While it's not ideal to miss a deadline, it's far less ideal to rush it anyway and be plagued by customer complaints and replacements. (I wish software and hardware manufacturers learned that lesson more often, but most of the time there are no sufficient penalties to get them to change behavior...)

DragonBelow

Adventurer
I don't think the map pack is required for the adventure, I am sure it's just a convenient accessory, the book contains the all the maps you need.

guachi

Hero
I suppose separate maps is about as close as we'll get to a boxed set of an adventure. I'd love a boxed set with maps and the adventure broken up into multiple softcover books.

But, alas, that will never be.

lkj

Hero
I suppose separate maps is about as close as we'll get to a boxed set of an adventure. I'd love a boxed set with maps and the adventure broken up into multiple softcover books.

But, alas, that will never be.

But wait-- what you desire exists! It's the Platinum Box from Beadle and Grimm for Dragon Heist. And you can get it for only . . . Oh. Right.

Nevermind.

AD

lordstimpy

Explorer
I'm guessing they will have one or two maps in the book, Similar to to DH and previous WOTC published books. And because Undermountian is now mapped completely it wasn't cost effective to include maps for each level, increasing the cost of the book for something not everyone uses(theater of the mind peeps) So a separate thing for those who want maps for each level.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm guessing they will have one or two maps in the book, Similar to to DH and previous WOTC published books. And because Undermountian is now mapped completely it wasn't cost effective to include maps for each level, increasing the cost of the book for something not everyone uses(theater of the mind peeps) So a separate thing for those who want maps for each level.

Just so it's clear, the book has maps. They've discussed the in-book maps. The map-pack is for miniatures and those that yse them.

Hussar

Legend
I missed it, but, are the maps in this book also being done by Dyson Logos? I'm still kinda on the fence about whether I like them or not. I'm kinda happy that Fantasy Grounds also included color maps with Dragon Heist, although, since they're made in CC3, they aren't exactly pretty either.

But, then again, I've got a disease when it comes to maps and stuff to use on a VTT. At least these maps line up nicely on the grid.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Self-important corporate executive:
"What kind of excuse is 'our printer's physical presence is in Hurricane Alley'? That's the little sidestreet near downtown! … O-o-o-oh-h-h-h, THAT kind of hurricane."

Remove ads

Remove ads