• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon/Polyhedron Life Expectancy

Maraxle

First Post
Personally, I own about 5 or 6 issues of Dungeon (a couple from the 2nd edition days, and a handful from 3rd). The last one I bought was probably a year ago. I have used a whole adventure from one, and maps from two others. While the magazine is reasonably interesting reading, I don't get much utility out of it. I like writing my own adventures, but in the rare occasions when I don't have time to, I usually grab a free or cheap one online. Poly doesn't interest me in the least.

Count me as one of the Dungeon magazine supporters. I am not currently a subscriber, but every issue I have bought at the newsstand has contained at least one adventure of immediate use to me. That's a tremendous time-saver now that I am an "adult" and can no longer spend hours and days preparing for a D&D game.

I thought the Githyanki Incursion was not only a solid idea, it was flawlessly executed. Kudos to James Wyatt and kudos to the entire magazine staff.

And now I'm going to subscribe. So there!

Emirikol

Adventurer
BenBrown said:

DUNGEON is the best value in gaming - ONLY if a person plays reasonably standard D&D and doesn't like writing adventures.

The main thing isn't 'writing.' It's the TIME issue. I love writing scenarios, but now I've got a 2 year old and another kid on the way.

Saving TIME is the biggest thing that Dungeon does for me, as I can take even a poor adventure and make it great.

jh

Remove ads