Dungeon Tiles - Photos

Jhaelen

First Post
The only one that might be somewhat useful is Keep on the Shadowfell, which you can download for free on the WotC website to check the maps out.
Imho, P1 - The King of the Trollhaunt Warrens has the most versatile poster map: It shows a town wall.

The most versatile poster maps in H1 - KotS are reprints from the Fantastic Locations series. So, the module's only useful if you don't already have those.

Undermountain

First Post
You've got to be willing to let the tile selection influence the maps you design to get the fullest use out of them. In this sense, they're slightly less useably for pre-made adventures, unless the adventure has been designed with Dungeon Tiles in mind.

Take a look at DTiles. This is exactly why I created it: you can create your own tile set to fit your dungeon instead of having to fit your dungeon to your tiles.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Love the thread, Thanee, thank you. Helped me decided to pick up Fane of the Forgotten Gods, and that tile set has been terrific for me.

BTW - just as an fyi... in your sblock of "All DT1-7 Pictures" (not the individual links) you have the incorrect photo for Dire Tombs b tile set. A Lost Caverns photo appears by mistake. Wanted to let you know in case you wanted to fix the picture.

Thanee

First Post
Take a look at DTiles. This is exactly why I created it: you can create your own tile set to fit your dungeon instead of having to fit your dungeon to your tiles.

I have been looking at your site this morning "by coincidence" (saw it on DriveThruRPG), BTW. Looks interesting. :)

You should put some screenshots on the site, though (unless I missed them somehow)... the demo is nice, but screenshots are more accessible.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Love the thread, Thanee, thank you. Helped me decided to pick up Fane of the Forgotten Gods, and that tile set has been terrific for me.

BTW - just as an fyi... in your sblock of "All DT1-7 Pictures" (not the individual links) you have the incorrect photo for Dire Tombs b tile set. A Lost Caverns photo appears by mistake. Wanted to let you know in case you wanted to fix the picture.

Yay for copy&paste! :lol: Corrected. Thanks! :)

Bye
Thanee

Undermountain

First Post
I have been looking at your site this morning "by coincidence" (saw it on DriveThruRPG), BTW. Looks interesting. :)

You should put some screenshots on the site, though (unless I missed them somehow)... the demo is nice, but screenshots are more accessible.

Bye
Thanee

Thanks for checking it out, Thanee! Screenshots - yes - great suggestion. I'll get some up tonight.

Thanee

First Post
DU6 - Harrowing Halls

And some more crappy (but hopefully still useful) photos (the last two on the bottom row are the 3D Tiles)... will also make another when I have put the 3D Tiles together soon.

Bye
Thanee

Attachments

• DU6a.jpg
    DU6a.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 4,516
  • DU6b.jpg
    DU6b.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 4,389
  • DU6a3D.jpg
    DU6a3D.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 622
  • DU6b3D.jpg
    DU6b3D.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 599
  • DU6_3D.jpg
    DU6_3D.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 4,336
Last edited:

Primal

First Post
I just picked up Hallowed Halls tonight. I was pleasantly surprised by the 3D stuff.
-blarg

It's pretty handy to have *some* 3D tiles (stairs, mainly), but I don't think I want more 3D stuff than what was in this pack.

I have to say that despite being a huge Paizo fan, WoTC does produce better and more "versatile" tiles. While Paizo's map packs are good for GMs who don't use complex building/dungeon maps with large rooms or who don't care about a lot of variety in outdoor areas (yes, this is a blatant generalization but we have tried Paizo's maps and they don't work for us, because you just end up using the same rooms/outdoor areas again and again). WoTC tiles, on the other hand, allow me to customize my dungeons or forest areas, and there are a *LOT* of nice, smaller, beautiful tiles that I can use to add details (summoning circles, sarcophaguses, braziers, statues, etc.). In addition, I think WoTC understands better which sort of mini maps DMs/GMs need (e.g. they have another city tile set coming up this year).

I swore I wouldn't buy a single 4th Edition product, ever -- and now I own 8 sets of WoTC dungeon tiles (mainly because of this thread -- thanks, Thanee, for posting those pics!). :blush:;)

Jhaelen

First Post
Thanks for posting the photos. I think, I'll get one for the 2d tiles. Those look quite useful.

I'm not sure I want to get into 3d stuff, yet. Not very portable, imho. If we played at my house it would be fine, but since I don't have enough room...

Remove ads