Dungeon Tiles Reincarnated

How very interesting - we bought a ton of those during 4E, but used them far less than I expected we would. So hard to separate and organize for quick grabbing. But man I loved the prettiness of 'em.

How very interesting - we bought a ton of those during 4E, but used them far less than I expected we would. So hard to separate and organize for quick grabbing. But man I loved the prettiness of 'em.

I'll probably pick up the tiles if they're still decent quality. The sets we had from 4e era got water damaged in a basement flood, so we've been using a wet erase Chessex battlemat like a bunch of peasants! The 4e dungeon tiles and even the Pathfinder tiles are all ludicrously expensive and PDFs are a pain (primarily when the printed output doesn't have consistent square sizes).

Sunsword

Adventurer
[HI][DND][DND][/DND][/DND][/HI]
I'll probably pick up the tiles if they're still decent quality. The sets we had from 4e era got water damaged in a basement flood, so we've been using a wet erase Chessex battlemat like a bunch of peasants! The 4e dungeon tiles and even the Pathfinder tiles are all ludicrously expensive and PDFs are a pain (primarily when the printed output doesn't have consistent square sizes).

As a retailer, I can confirm it causes confusion. I have to display these products with some distance between them. It's a very frustrating decision.

jhilahd

Explorer

Me too. The biggest issue I had was storage, and then once I did have a scene planned/set, how to place it on the table without it scattering to the four corners... sigh.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Me too. The biggest issue I had was storage, and then once I did have a scene planned/set, how to place it on the table without it scattering to the four corners... sigh.

It always struck me that you need some of that blue-sticky-stuff whassicalled "Fun-Tak". You buld the thing and stick everything down.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I've picked all but the city set of these. Haven't had a chance to compare them to see if it's just reprints yet though...as there's a lot of sheets in there! Probably use them in a session or two coming up!

G

Guest 6801328

I've picked all but the city set of these. Haven't had a chance to compare them to see if it's just reprints yet though...as there's a lot of sheets in there! Probably use them in a session or two coming up!

Let us know how you like them? Is 16 (well 32) really enough to be as flexible as you'd want?

redrick

First Post
My comic store guy talked me into buying a set of these last night. (And by talked me into, I mean, "Hey, we got these things in. Want one?") I'm going to see if they're any help for a game tomorrow.

I love dungeon tiles. They are useful, no matter what edition you are playing. My group plays 3rd edition, but we'll happily buy a new set of dungeon tiles.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I picked mine up opened them and was about to compare them to dmdavid.com's tile site since it has excellent photos but got called away to travel/work. If no one else posts pictures by next weekend, I'll snap a few.

I use these in conjunction with other terrain items, such as laying them inside rooms I created with mage knight 3D dungeon floors and walls. Looked great and had the players guessing with different things I placed around the room and walls.

Remove ads

Remove ads