WotC Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer Is A New UK Magazine To Teach D&D

As reported on the Mastering Dungeons podcast, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a weekly magazine from D&D publisher Wizards of the Coast and UK magazine publisher Hachette Partworks, designed as a magazine run to teach you D&D and serve as an adventure kit. Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a brand new partwork that teaches you how to play the world’s most popular tabletop roleplaying game...

As reported on the Mastering Dungeons podcast, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a weekly magazine from D&D publisher Wizards of the Coast and UK magazine publisher Hachette Partworks, designed as a magazine run to teach you D&D and serve as an adventure kit.

Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a brand new partwork that teaches you how to play the world’s most popular tabletop roleplaying game, with an exclusive adventure, easy step-by-step instructions and all the background information you need to start creating your own characters and becoming a D&D expert. Collect the specially designed dice given throughout the collection and join us on a wild ride through the D&D journey of a lifetime!

Each of the first four issues also comes with a free dice set, along with bigger goodies every few deliveries, inclusing dice towers, binders, keyrings, even a DM screen. A premium subscripiton throws in miniatures, too. It's kind of a combination of loot box and magazine.

There are currently 80 weekly issues planned. The first issue is £1.99, with subsequent issues costing more at £4.99 for issue #2, and then $7.99 onwards (and the premium subscription versions more at £9.49 per week). As they're weekly, that comes to about £32 per month, or £38 for premium.

The magazine is available in UK stores or via subscription.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.26.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.28.05 PM.png

A premium subscription that includes miniatures.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.29.24 PM.png

home-intro-carousel-image-4.jpeg

Noddy Beholder

Explorer
Since my last post on this I've gathered a bit of intel on this mag. I was bothered that I'd not seen any references to it anywhere, I mean with part works like this there's usually a TV ad for it at least.
So I popped into town and checked out that fine purveyor of bagged tat with a magazine, W.H.Smiths. There was no sign of it, nor in any of the other shops I checked.
I then paid a visit to my FLGS and asked the owner about it. Bingo! He had heard of it. From what he said it is being released in select areas as a trial, if it's a success it will get a wider release.
A bit of a pain, as I only wanted the first issue to see if it was any good and get a new set of dice in the process.
If I see issue #1 I'll pick it up out of curiosity.

darjr

I crit!
Since my last post on this I've gathered a bit of intel on this mag. I was bothered that I'd not seen any references to it anywhere, I mean with part works like this there's usually a TV ad for it at least.
So I popped into town and checked out that fine purveyor of bagged tat with a magazine, W.H.Smiths. There was no sign of it, nor in any of the other shops I checked.
I then paid a visit to my FLGS and asked the owner about it. Bingo! He had heard of it. From what he said it is being released in select areas as a trial, if it's a success it will get a wider release.
A bit of a pain, as I only wanted the first issue to see if it was any good and get a new set of dice in the process.
If I see issue #1 I'll pick it up out of curiosity.
Thanks for the intel! Please let us know if you get ahold of one and what you think.

Birmy

Adventurer
I'd be curious to try this out as well, though as a heathen colonist I am ruled out. Perhaps Diamond/Alliance will pick it up for distribution Stateside, like they did with Eaglemoss.

There's this alternate world of UK-only D&D ephemera that I should really check out. Were those "Annuals" any good?

darjr

I crit!
I'd be curious to try this out as well, though as a heathen colonist I am ruled out. Perhaps Diamond/Alliance will pick it up for distribution Stateside, like they did with Eaglemoss.

There's this alternate world of UK-only D&D ephemera that I should really check out. Were those "Annuals" any good?
I think you can get the annuals via Amazon US.

Remove ads

Remove ads