WotC Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer Is A New UK Magazine To Teach D&D

As reported on the Mastering Dungeons podcast, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a weekly magazine from D&D publisher Wizards of the Coast and UK magazine publisher Hachette Partworks, designed as a magazine run to teach you D&D and serve as an adventure kit. Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a brand new partwork that teaches you how to play the world’s most popular tabletop roleplaying game...

As reported on the Mastering Dungeons podcast, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a weekly magazine from D&D publisher Wizards of the Coast and UK magazine publisher Hachette Partworks, designed as a magazine run to teach you D&D and serve as an adventure kit.

Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer is a brand new partwork that teaches you how to play the world’s most popular tabletop roleplaying game, with an exclusive adventure, easy step-by-step instructions and all the background information you need to start creating your own characters and becoming a D&D expert. Collect the specially designed dice given throughout the collection and join us on a wild ride through the D&D journey of a lifetime!

Each of the first four issues also comes with a free dice set, along with bigger goodies every few deliveries, inclusing dice towers, binders, keyrings, even a DM screen. A premium subscripiton throws in miniatures, too. It's kind of a combination of loot box and magazine.

There are currently 80 weekly issues planned. The first issue is £1.99, with subsequent issues costing more at £4.99 for issue #2, and then $7.99 onwards (and the premium subscription versions more at £9.49 per week). As they're weekly, that comes to about £32 per month, or £38 for premium.

The magazine is available in UK stores or via subscription.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.26.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.28.05 PM.png

A premium subscription that includes miniatures.

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 9.29.24 PM.png

home-intro-carousel-image-4.jpeg

Have decided not to go for it. The extra shinies just don't enthrall or offer great value. For the same price Mortal Realms gave you an item every issue.

darjr

I crit!
I managed to get #1 delivered (which wasn't a straight forward process)...

uxttJFO.jpg

dIfWcoX.jpg

...and, as is usual for this kind of thing, #1 is usually a bargain (and worth picking up even if you don't intend on collecting the whole thing).

I did a bit of a review HERE if anyone is still interested.
Cool! You have video too! Thanks!

Noddy Beholder

Explorer
They seem to have really fumbled the ball with this one. Possibly they were worried after the Eaglemoss affair, that a big launch would fail.
If they do relaunch this, I hope they do a more concerted job, i.e. telling people about their product ^_^

Dire Bare

Legend
They seem to have really fumbled the ball with this one. Possibly they were worried after the Eaglemoss affair, that a big launch would fail.
If they do relaunch this, I hope they do a more concerted job, i.e. telling people about their product ^_^
Small targeted launches often go like this, with Hachette and other companies. The Warhammer partworks had similar launches.

The issue isn't a small, targeted test launch, it's the inability to handle obsessive fans who FIND OUT and then get frustrated when they can't participate. Hachette doesn't seem to get this about the community, Star Trek, Warhammer, or D&D.

But, eventually, their Warhammer partworks ended up being really cool. Hopefully the same will be true for their D&D series.

Noddy Beholder

Explorer
Necro thread time! The magazine is being advertised on FaceBook as a subscription. Looks like they've added a dice tray and a dice jail. Looks like it's subscription only.Update: ther's an ad on you tube. In the comments it says issue 1 will be in shops on the 13th. I'll keep an eye out

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads