Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance reviews are out

Mercador

Adventurer
Not really surprising but the scores are quite low (59 right now on Metacritic)

I don't know if Morrus want to do a news about it but I'll post here for now.

I'm still waiting to hear how it compares PS4 vs. PS5 to make my decision.

While there already seem to be some universal themes emerging from those reviews (like the serious need for some patches), I'd point out that the major review sites have yet to weigh in on it and that the sample size of 14 is still small. Tuque Games has only made two games, including this, so I'm not expecting AAA games polish. A fun D&D-branded game will suffice for me.

Xeviat

Hero
I found the advertising campaign obnoxious, and the fact that they made drizzt a Rogue instead of a ranger so that he could be a sneaky melee striker made me feel like the devs didn't get things. It's going to take stellar reviews to get me to buy it at this point.

TheAlkaizer

Game Designer
Living in Montreal and working in the video game industry, I know a few people that worked on the game. I can't be a hundred percent sure of how true it is, but the gossip that I've heard is that interference from Wizards of the Coast was heavy and common and that the game had some major changes several times during the life of the project.

Undrave

Legend
Living in Montreal and working in the video game industry, I know a few people that worked on the game. I can't be a hundred percent sure of how true it is, but the gossip that I've heard is that interference from Wizards of the Coast was heavy and common and that the game had some major changes several times during the life of the project.
Isn't that always the way?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
From the trailers, it looks like it'd be fun in co-op, was planning to get it for some four-player casual gaming. Of course, I'm more of a Destiny/GTA player, and this looked like it was right up my alley in that regard.
Reviews make it sound like this is what gets delivered. Some folks expect way too much from DA.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
My 7yo is interested in this one because of how enjoyable Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is.

But I think I'll wait until they actually finish the game before I buy in. I don't like buying something then having to wait for features as they keep working on it.

Remove ads