WotC Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance Video Game Announcement Trailer

An announcement trailer for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance premiered at The Game Awards on Thursday evening. Developed by Tuque Games, the studio acquired earlier this year by Wizards of the Coast, the game will be a sequel of sorts in the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance action-RPG series for the Xbox, Playstation 2, and Gamecube. This game, however, will go to Icewind Dale and feature...

An announcement trailer for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance premiered at The Game Awards on Thursday evening.

Developed by Tuque Games, the studio acquired earlier this year by Wizards of the Coast, the game will be a sequel of sorts in the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance action-RPG series for the Xbox, Playstation 2, and Gamecube. This game, however, will go to Icewind Dale and feature four-player co-op as you take on the roles of Drizzt Do'Urden, Cattie-Brie, Wulfgar, and Bruenor. The game is due for release in 2020.

darkalliance.png

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

I don't like Drizzt's face when I am used to the texture of the trailer "Rage of Demons". This graphics are like by a mobile videogame, not for a videoconsole or PC.

Savage Coast/Red Steel would perfect for a fantasy swashbuckler videogame to test firearms and new ideas as transition to a d20 Modern 2.0. And the next would be a Gamma World videogame.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
That song is jarring.

Between that song and a horribly rendered Drizzt (or clone?) cutting creatures up I don't think I could be less interested in a D&D game after watching that trailer.

My eyes rolled so far in the back of my head I was worried they would get stuck.

Fenris447

Explorer
There has to be someone at Tuque (or whoever produced the trailer) who is now kicking themselves for not speaking up about how awful this whole trailer is. How did this happen? Who thought it was a good idea?

I'm going to reserve judgement about the game itself until we see some gameplay and learn more. But dang, the trailer does nothing to interest me. Especially in contrast with the BG3 trailer.

Gothstaff

Explorer
EDIT: Removing due to pointing to spoiler (per my comment here... now that comment has properly been formatted as spoiler)

Last edited:

Gothstaff

Explorer
I sure as heck hope those developers see comments like this... Bruenor looks too stubby cartoonish, Wulfgar certainly looks different from all the art I've ever seen, and Drizzt? ugh... I dont' mind cartoonish, just not cartoonish-dumb.
Its like Sonic the Hedgehog movie all over...

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
After I got over the motion-sickness and scream metal, I thought it looked pretty cool!

I guess that makes me the black swan here. My suspicion, though, is that the trailer was just the CG movie for the actual game, which will look completely different. Sort of like the way D&D movie posters make D&D movies look decent.

Remove ads

Remove ads