WotC Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance Video Game Announcement Trailer

An announcement trailer for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance premiered at The Game Awards on Thursday evening.

Developed by Tuque Games, the studio acquired earlier this year by Wizards of the Coast, the game will be a sequel of sorts in the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance action-RPG series for the Xbox, Playstation 2, and Gamecube. This game, however, will go to Icewind Dale and feature four-player co-op as you take on the roles of Drizzt Do'Urden, Cattie-Brie, Wulfgar, and Bruenor. The game is due for release in 2020.

darkalliance.png

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
Did you really have to spoil it like this? I mean... granted, RAS Drizzt's stories lost all allure (to me) after this and IMO not worth reading after that... but not your call to spoil it for others who haven't read it yet
It is very old news but added spoiler tag for you, it was not my intention to spoil anything, sorry.

Gothstaff

Explorer
It is very old news but added spoiler tag for you, it was not my intention to spoil anything, sorry.
Wow, mad respect for apologizing (rare in these days) and taking action (by spoiler tagging). Thanks for marking it spoiler and no apologies really needed.
It's indeed old-ish, though I still see a few new to D&D youngsters getting excited about getting to read the IWD trilogy for the first time =)

gyor

Legend
Lol yeah can’t have fun games set in dnd worlds! 🙄

TB & RTwP & 4x games are fun.

Look sorry if I'm being an unreasonable *, but we haven't had a good CRPG or even an acceptable D&D game since Storm of Zehir expansion, Larian is super tight lipped about BG3, so an ARPG feels like a punch to the face, making me cranky. It does help I stayed up late watching the boring Video Game Awards with painful musical choices (except their orcestra which did well), just to find out it was a ARPG and not just that, but one with bad metal music, no character creation, and a messed up camera angle. Very disappointed. Again sorry for being a *.

Last edited:

Zarithar

Adventurer
My main takeaway from that is from an article on the game stating that WoTC and maybe Tuque are interested in developing an open world (Skyrim or Red Dead style) game set in the FR. Now THAT is something I can get excited about.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases