WotC Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance Video Game Announcement Trailer

An announcement trailer for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance premiered at The Game Awards on Thursday evening. Developed by Tuque Games, the studio acquired earlier this year by Wizards of the Coast, the game will be a sequel of sorts in the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance action-RPG series for the Xbox, Playstation 2, and Gamecube. This game, however, will go to Icewind Dale and feature...

An announcement trailer for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance premiered at The Game Awards on Thursday evening.

Developed by Tuque Games, the studio acquired earlier this year by Wizards of the Coast, the game will be a sequel of sorts in the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance action-RPG series for the Xbox, Playstation 2, and Gamecube. This game, however, will go to Icewind Dale and feature four-player co-op as you take on the roles of Drizzt Do'Urden, Cattie-Brie, Wulfgar, and Bruenor. The game is due for release in 2020.

darkalliance.png

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

gyor

Legend
My main takeaway from that is from an article on the game stating that WoTC and maybe Tuque are interested in developing an open world (Skyrim or Red Dead style) game set in the FR. Now THAT is something I can get excited about.

As long as it's like that but TB or RTwP and parties, that would be great!

I'm hopeful for it. This is still early on, after all. I loved the old Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. But I will agree that the camera shots fixed on their faces made it look like the scene of Quicksilver running around the mansion.

What will matter for me is how it plays single-player. If it's me running around with three other AI characters, I don't really want that.

Hurin70

Adventurer
I liked some of the old Dark Alliance games and am definitely up for a Forgotten Realms actioner (even though I would prefer a deep RPG).

The trailer though... ugh. I like the idea that they were trying to show you the visceral action. But the execution was clearly flawed: the camera angles came off as cheesy, and the art style is very cartoonish (Warhammer/WoW-ish), of which I am not a fan.

I even like metal, but this... could have been a lot better.

It seems WotC's long history of poor decisions regarding DnD videogames is going to have another chapter. At least I can have reasonable hopes that Larian's DnD game will look better than this.

gyor

Legend
I liked some of the old Dark Alliance games and am definitely up for a Forgotten Realms actioner (even though I would prefer a deep RPG).

The trailer though... ugh. I like the idea that they were trying to show you the visceral action. But the execution was clearly flawed: the camera angles came off as cheesy, and the art style is very cartoonish (Warhammer/WoW-ish), of which I am not a fan.

I even like metal, but this... could have been a lot better.

It seems WotC's long history of poor decisions regarding DnD videogames is going to have another chapter. At least I can have reasonable hopes that Larian's DnD game will look better than this.

Larian Studios is our last hope.

Remove ads

Remove ads