D&D General Dungeons & Dragons immersive fantasy restaurant, amusement experience proposed for Lake Geneva

Oofta

Legend
Theme restaurants in similar places have done well, this isn't a first. It's got potential.

My favorite is Casa Bonita in Denver. Super neat place.

If the team behind this manages to open the Griffin & Gargoyle, I just might make a trip to Lake Geneva to check it out!
First time I went to Casa Bonita it was with a group of Boy Scouts just coming back from backpacking trip. Endless Sopapias + hungry teenagers = waitress who deserved (and got) a big tip.

It's not nowhere. But a 350 seat themed restaurant is something for more of a Disneyworld scale tourist destination. I think they're getting carried away with wanting to incorporate all their cool design ideas and would be better off starting with a fraction the scale.
I should be stated that one of the nation's largest Renaissance Festivals (Bristol) is near there too. And that pulls in an enormous amount of people each year, despite it being in the middle of nowhere.

Theme restaurants in similar places have done well, this isn't a first. It's got potential.

My favorite is Casa Bonita in Denver. Super neat place.

If the team behind this manages to open the Griffin & Gargoyle, I just might make a trip to Lake Geneva to check it out!

Midevil Times Dinner and Tournment is a great example. I'm surprised they haven't dipped into the D&D Fandom stuff more.

Quickleaf

Legend
Shive-Hattery has some really interesting projects in their portfolio! Very cool choice to collaborate with!

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
We have a similar restaurant in Montreal called l'Auberge du Dragon Rouge (The Red Dragon Inn) and it's awesome! There is animation, bards playing music, a big dragon head above the entrance, some private rooms upstairs. You can eat boar and other wild meats and drink a variety of hydromel, beer, cider and other liquors. If you're offered dragon blood, a specialty of the resto, you have to drink it after swearing an oath while standing on your chair, it's a particularly hot shot made with whiskey, hot sauce etc...

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
We have a similar restaurant in Montreal called l'Auberge du Dragon Rouge (The Red Dragon Inn) and it's awesome! There is animation, bards playing music, a big dragon head above the entrance, some private rooms upstairs. You can eat boar and other wild meats and drink a variety of hydromel, beer, cider and other liquors. If you're offered dragon blood, a specialty of the resto, you have to drink it after swearing an oath while standing on your chair, it's a particularly hot shot made with whiskey, hot sauce etc...
When did that open? I visited Montreal in January of 2020 and missed it!

Remove ads