• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E DungeonScape Beta Gloat Thread

drjones

Explorer
I would agree, but I don't think there was a lot of PR around the beta. I suspect that once Wizards begins to push the information out on their site and the URL is printed on future books, that it will see a lot more interest.

My players, some of whom DM and have DDI subscriptions in the past, had not heard of the tool yet. One would assume it is only the most hardcore involved so far and once there is an official release it will be on the WOTC site and get a lot more attention.

mcbobbo

Explorer
My players, some of whom DM and have DDI subscriptions in the past, had not heard of the tool yet. One would assume it is only the most hardcore involved so far and once there is an official release it will be on the WOTC site and get a lot more attention.
I had heard of Morningstar, but didn't connect the two. Also I didn't know it was intended to be an alternative for digital books. So it may be undermarketed.

I too wonder about cost. "Not yet finalized" can mean a lot of different things...

I would agree, but I don't think there was a lot of PR around the beta. I suspect that once Wizards begins to push the information out on their site and the URL is printed on future books, that it will see a lot more interest.

Heh. You kinda nailed it weldon - we're very excited to have 15,000 people signed up having done all of the PR and social media ourselves so far. Once we have a product page and Wizards begins to announce in a more official capacity, that will likely change *fingers crossed*

Boarstorm

First Post
Heh. You kinda nailed it weldon - we're very excited to have 15,000 people signed up having done all of the PR and social media ourselves so far. Once we have a product page and Wizards begins to announce in a more official capacity, that will likely change *fingers crossed*

I'm sure you'll have your hardcores like me. I think I've bought my FLGS owner a boat by now.

"nailing it" has got to be worth a bump up the list on the beta invite, right? right? :p

nailed-it-minon-cake2 (1).jpg

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
GM:
15,000 is a lot?

I guess that's a good sign if the developers think that's a lot. I suppose that means they don't need that much for the project to remain financially viable. Still, I would've expected more than that.
It is 25% of gamers a Gen Con this year and that is just showing interest in the beta. I think it is a positive.

koga305

First Post
To those who are in the beta: may I ask what class/race/background options are available to mess around with?

I'm eagerly awaiting my chance to join and give feedback. This set of software looks like it could be immensely helpful for me as a DM as well as my players.

Patrick McGill

First Post
To those who are in the beta: may I ask what class/race/background options are available to mess around with?

I'm eagerly awaiting my chance to join and give feedback. This set of software looks like it could be immensely helpful for me as a DM as well as my players.

So far seems like all races and classes are supported and available for testing.

The support page is fantastic, and lots of people are on there reporting feedback and bugs. All but two bugs I've found have already been covered on there, and the system to post your bugs and feedback is very easy. It's going to be great to see this beta evolve as those reports and feedback are integrated.

Thus far, I feel like we're in the riggermeroll of bug squashing, so I'll have to disagree with earlier posters and say that it's totally fair to call this a beta test. We're just beta testing it as different parts roll out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads