D&D 5E Dungeonscape no more?

Astrosicebear

First Post
My hunch is that there was a recent board room conference call/meeting. WOTC asked if Dungeonscape IOS/Web/Android would be in usable, feature complete when the DMG launches as they most likely wanted to include a page advertisement in the rear of the book. Trapdoor said not possible. WOTC pulled the plug rather than commit more.

Whether there was a devolving of discussion, finger pointing, we may never know. I'd like to hope it was just business.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
pdfs are old and busted now.
Yeah hyperlinks, copy-paste, ctrl+f, printing out some paragraphs, hauling around a pad/phone instead of a library, etc. are all well and good. But I want something to do the math and make templates of character/monster/npc/item/trap/dungeon creation for me with all the relevant bits cropped into convenient menus.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
disappointed, I was hoping that this was the edition that would give us reliable, easy to use tech for the game table. Still optimistic.

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
Pretty sad news, I hope the folks at TT aren't too adversely affected.
I can only guess that what a lot of posters have said, that Wizards wasn't too happy with the progress of the app, but I'm sure with a little more patience it would've come good, as from my Beta experience they had a pretty solid starting point. I guess thats the world of business these days.

On a personal level, I'm lucky in that I try and avoid as much technology as possible while gaming, I work in the IT sector, so RPG's are a way to get away from the world of electronics!

Nebulous

Legend
Can someone tell me if there is any, ANY hope of a quality Monster Builder being released sometime in the near future, or at this point is that just a pipe dream maybe 1 or 2 years distant?

mcbobbo

Explorer
My hunch is that there was a recent board room conference call/meeting. WOTC asked if Dungeonscape IOS/Web/Android would be in usable, feature complete when the DMG launches as they most likely wanted to include a page advertisement in the rear of the book. Trapdoor said not possible. WOTC pulled the plug rather than commit more.

Whether there was a devolving of discussion, finger pointing, we may never know. I'd like to hope it was just business.
I'm trying to find a scenario that makes sense here, too. I'm also struggling with the whole "we can't say much" angle. There MUST have been a contract. If it contained a 'we can end you for any reason without remedy' clause then signing it without a 100% product in hand was a mistake. So I am confused. We're clearly not being told something.

Chimpy

First Post
I don't think Dungeonscape was going well anyway. Better to call it a day now and move on I think. I think it was the right decision.

Remove ads