Dying Skyseer: They help the smugglers! How will Deorn and Delft react?

I would go something more like:

Delft: "You want to take on the whole Kell guild? What, do you have a terminal disease you didn't tell me about? Are you looking to get us all killed? Read the police reports. Take a look at some of the decapitated bodies they pull out of Parity Lake. We might have the manpower to take the guild down if we dove in prick first like a kid at his first whorehouse, but we'd lose half the police force and probably all of you in the process.

"This . . . could be done, but not this fast. We need to know what to target, where to hit, how his people work, and how many of them are also on the police payroll. More important, we'd need Saxby to convince the Slate office to send us more men. Right now Kell's only killing people that the nobles don't care about, so if you start stirring up a stew full of excrement they'll fire you and let you drown in it.

"If you care so damned much about taking him down, do it right. And don't get me killed in the process! I can just imagine the man now. 'Why I do love my skull collection so much. Oh, those constables are causing a fuss? By gosh, how about I kill two birds with one machete? Bring me their boss's noggin so I can mount it over me bathtub and force him to watch me every time I go to the loo for the rest of my days.'

"Do you want me to suffer that fate? Now set this aside for now, finish the mission you're assigned, and we'll get back to it once our heads - which need to stay attached - are cooled."

selkirk89

Villager
Haha! Next time my players push the Kell thing in front of Delft, I'll make sure he has a rant like this one. Should get the message across.

al_fredo

First Post
Al_Fredo, it's the Family that's smuggling the wands in the first place. Family-affiliated criminals in Crisillyir stole them, they were shipped to Flint, and then the local Family branch buys them, then sells them at a mark-up to people in the Cloudwood, while keeping some for themselves.

Kell wants it disrupted to hurt his competition.

Durrr...severs me right for commenting on something we did maybe 1.5 years ago! thx

Remove ads