• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet"

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
I've offered some minor fixes in the past, and last night spent a couple of hours tweaking the 1.16 release (XP version) to automatically incorporate the "Extra Manifestation" genasi feat into certain calculations.

However, I don't own a copy of Excel 2007, and do not have the spare time to install Open Office. (My work system has the latest version, of course, but my employers take a dim view of non-work-related exercises... :uhoh: ) Hence, I'm unable to work on -- or even use -- the 1.17 release.

Lol if you have the time to post here you can download and install Open Office :) Just set it to download and then install it later.

I uninstalled my office xp. It was not of much use to me. So I use OO exclusively now

Obryn

Hero
Has the weisbaden one been updated with info from Martial Power book yet? Will it be? Anyone know?

Thanks for the help.
Nope, but fortunately there's a Custom page, where you can put in any feats or powers that you like. (I don't think there's anything for Custom Class Features, though I could be wrong.)

-O

Undrhil

Explorer
If someone could just fix the level 29 powers to show up properly, I'll be happy. Sure, it's not a problem right now (what with my character only being level 3) but I like to plan ahead and I like playing out different character setups.

Surely someone else had seen this before v1.17 came out? If it's new to 1.17, then surely someone else has seen it by now ....

Miscellaneous fixes for 1.17

Here's an attempt at correcting issues with the Genasi Frost Affinity and Versatile Resistance feats:
Code:
In the "Extra Bonuses" sheet:
Cell S28: =IF(F25=0,MAX(V28:AA28)+U28+AC28,F25)
Cell W24: =IF(W23=TRUE,AA19,0)+IF(AND(W23=TRUE,AA20=TRUE),5,0)
Cell W25: 0
Cell W26: =IF(AA20=TRUE,5,0)
Cell X25: =IF(X23=TRUE,AA19,0)
Cell X26: =IF(AA20=TRUE,5,0)
Cell Y25: 0
Cell Y26: =IF(AA20=TRUE,5,0)
Cell Y28: =IF(Y23=TRUE,AA19,0)+IF(AND(Y23=TRUE,AA20=TRUE),5,0)
The problems solved here are:

• The +3 bonus for Frost Affinity was not being added to Cold Resistance
  • Versatile Resistance provides a +5 bonus to Thunder, not Lightning
  • The racial resistance bonuses to Fire and Cold (for Firesoul and Windsoul Genasi, respectively) stack with those provided by Versatile Resistance. The sheet was allowing the Versatile Resistance bonus to override the racial bonus.
So, for example, a Stormsoul Genasi (heroic tier) with both feats would have resistance of 5 Fire, 5 Lightning, 5 Thunder, and 8 Cold.

I would appreciate the collective wisdom of the group giving this offering a thorough review. Thank you.

Tar79

First Post
Sorry I'm abandoning this sheet for the time being, might revisit it if somebody decides to continue the work, but with Wonko's and Harknail's sheets going strong, with alot more options (actual power and items implemented into the sheet) I'm going to have to go with one of them.

Mixmaster

Explorer
I'm staying with it as the Pro sheet to add other options (especially the Clerical Divinity options) has been a boon to remembering all my choices in a combat. There is nothing wrong with using the Custom page to add something from the Martial Power book.

Give the people time. They may have "real life" issues to contend with (or a major update). Moreover, it's the impatience for all updates NOW that caused Lone Paladin (Christopher Mathieu), BlackBart (Scott Greene) and Robert Daneri to name a few to "burn out" programming Heroforge as they were always updating........

Careful before you start burning out Wonko and Harknail!

TheMarko

Explorer
Minor update:
Feats tab, field C81
Change:
"=IF(OR('Basics Transport'!P19="Ritual Caster";'Basics Transport'!O19="Ritual Caster";'Basics Transport'!T19="Ritual Caster");"x";"")"
To:
"=IF(OR('Basics Transport'!P19="Ritual Casting";'Basics Transport'!O19="Ritual Casting";'Basics Transport'!T19="Ritual Casting");"x";"")"

If You want Your characters to gain free Ritual Caster feat for Ritual casters

Well, I still haven't heard anything. I would suggest we take over the project. I don't necessarily want to volunteer even though I've done a lot of work on it in the past, simply because I am very busy with RL. I have not looked at the other sheets from other authors to see if they're better or not, but more choices doesn't hurt anyone. I would recommend someone be in charge of publishing new releases, and maybe 2-3 other people can work with him or her to make the changes (it's hard because you can't just auto-merge changes into a binary file... really you want one person editing at a time, so a version control system with file locking may be a good idea). Alternatively, one person could be in charge of the O2007 version and one in charge of the O2003, but still share all your bugfixes between each other.

Someone who wants to help and doesn't know Excel would probably find that going through this thread since the official release of 1.17 and finding all the changes that people have posted, and simply making a new post with all those changes, and the developers can maybe use that post as a reference.

Basacag

First Post
Genasi fixes

Hi Charles

Works for me. Where did you find that the resistances stack though? My Akanul Genasi Firesoul should be 12 fire 7 thnder 7 cold with VR - which your fix does, but I can not see the rule that allows it to stack with the genasi fire 5 resistance...

Also sheet shows Lightning 0 which is cool but would be 'nicer' without.

Thanks for the fix though, makes life easier.

Here's an attempt at correcting issues with the Genasi Frost Affinity and Versatile Resistance feats:
Code:
In the "Extra Bonuses" sheet:
Cell S28: =IF(F25=0,MAX(V28:AA28)+U28+AC28,F25)
Cell W24: =IF(W23=TRUE,AA19,0)+IF(AND(W23=TRUE,AA20=TRUE),5,0)
Cell W25: 0
Cell W26: =IF(AA20=TRUE,5,0)
Cell X25: =IF(X23=TRUE,AA19,0)
Cell X26: =IF(AA20=TRUE,5,0)
Cell Y25: 0
Cell Y26: =IF(AA20=TRUE,5,0)
Cell Y28: =IF(Y23=TRUE,AA19,0)+IF(AND(Y23=TRUE,AA20=TRUE),5,0)
The problems solved here are:

• The +3 bonus for Frost Affinity was not being added to Cold Resistance
  • Versatile Resistance provides a +5 bonus to Thunder, not Lightning
  • The racial resistance bonuses to Fire and Cold (for Firesoul and Windsoul Genasi, respectively) stack with those provided by Versatile Resistance. The sheet was allowing the Versatile Resistance bonus to override the racial bonus.
So, for example, a Stormsoul Genasi (heroic tier) with both feats would have resistance of 5 Fire, 5 Lightning, 5 Thunder, and 8 Cold.

I would appreciate the collective wisdom of the group giving this offering a thorough review. Thank you.

Remove ads