• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet"

Tar79

First Post
Hi Charles

Works for me. Where did you find that the resistances stack though? My Akanul Genasi Firesoul should be 12 fire 7 thnder 7 cold with VR - which your fix does, but I can not see the rule that allows it to stack with the genasi fire 5 resistance...

Also sheet shows Lightning 0 which is cool but would be 'nicer' without.

Thanks for the fix though, makes life easier.

The rule that allows them to stack is right in the Akanul Region benefits (or your existing resistance to these damage types increases by 2).

"AKANÛL REGIONAL BENEFIT
You gain resist 2 cold, resist 2 fire, and resist 2 thunder (or your existing resistance to these damage types increases by 2). At 11th level, these values improve to resist 3 (or increase by 3), and at 21st level, they improve to resist 5 (or increase by 5)."

As for Versatile Resistance stacking with Firesoul and Windsoul, I've had this conversation with other people and we do not believe this to be correct, as nowhere in the feat or race description does it say that the bonus is in addition to any other resistance you might have, unlike the Akanul resistance that specifically says to increase existing resistance.

Last edited:

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
Well I guess the sheet is dead for the most part from following this thread.

I was looking at the sheet and if someone could expand the custom powers sheet and allow it to show in the drop down for powers that would go a long way for people to add in the newer stuff.

As for Versatile Resistance stacking with Firesoul and Windsoul, I've had this conversation with other people and we do not believe this to be correct, as nowhere in the feat or race description does it say that the bonus is in addition to any other resistance you might have, unlike the Akanul resistance that specifically says to increase existing resistance.
After further review, I now agree that my previous interpretation of Versatile Resistance was partly incorrect. It does stack with the Akanul regional bonus, but does not override the previous resistance value; one uses the larger of the two, so a Paragon or Epic tier Firesoul or Windsoul Genasi character with Versatile Resistance would have Resist 10 (Paragon) or 15 (Epic) for fire or cold (respectively) and Resist 5 for the other.

Thank you for your review and comments.

Tar79

First Post
After further review, I now agree that my previous interpretation of Versatile Resistance was partly incorrect. It does stack with the Akanul regional bonus, but does not override the previous resistance value; one uses the larger of the two, so a Paragon or Epic tier Firesoul or Windsoul Genasi character with Versatile Resistance would have Resist 10 (Paragon) or 15 (Epic) for fire or cold (respectively) and Resist 5 for the other.

Thank you for your review and comments.

Manifest Resistance does stack however (as it specifically says increases the racial bonus), and my Genasi Swordmage will be taking the Paragon Elemental Tempest for the dual manifestation ability (otherwise have to wait till epic to take the feat) With this combination (Akanul, Manifest Resistance and dual manifestations) at level 11 I will have 18 cold, 18 fire and 3 thunder as Firesoul/Windsoul or 3 cold, 18 fire, 15 Lightning, 3 thunder as Firesoul/Stormsoul. I'm sinking all my pre-Paragon feats into extra manifestations so I will be able to choose from any combination of the 5 at any given time, but I have a feeling I won't be switching out Firesoul too often.

TheMarko

Explorer
Somewhat good news . . . I've started implementing Martial power to sheet . . . It will take some time because I don't have lots of time . . . If someone could summarize all the updates from original publish until now made by You guys . . . That would be appreciated, and one more thing . . . Someone with excellent knowledge of excel to implement few things I do not know how to . . .

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
So has anyone seen anything from the creator even in other posts on the board? I hope that they have just lost their desire to keep it updated and nothing has happened to keep them from doing so

Genolen

First Post
I have talked to them a few days ago and they are doing well.
Unfortunately, they have little time for the project. They said something of a new version, but only on their PC. How completely that is, I do not know.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
I have talked to them a few days ago and they are doing well.
Unfortunately, they have little time for the project. They said something of a new version, but only on their PC. How completely that is, I do not know.

Good glad to hear that they are doing well.

Something I thought of that would make the sheet last for quite sometime without much need for updating. Remove all the powers and feats from the database all together. And rework how the custom page works with populating input there. That way all thats in the database is weapons and races and regions etc. The players go in and type in what powers and feats they have etc.

This way the only time there is a need for an update is when new races and/or new weapons are added. Would lessen the load on the developers I would think.

I dont mind typing in all of that stuff. And the sheet on attacks would only have to do basic calculations. We can add in the +2 damage for say Eladrins with the Eladrin Soldier feat in the damage section of the attacks page.

Perhaps use some of that extra space and resource power to perhaps populate power cards etc.

cmbarona

First Post
Good glad to hear that they are doing well.

Something I thought of that would make the sheet last for quite sometime without much need for updating. Remove all the powers and feats from the database all together. And rework how the custom page works with populating input there. That way all thats in the database is weapons and races and regions etc. The players go in and type in what powers and feats they have etc.

This way the only time there is a need for an update is when new races and/or new weapons are added. Would lessen the load on the developers I would think.

I dont mind typing in all of that stuff. And the sheet on attacks would only have to do basic calculations. We can add in the +2 damage for say Eladrins with the Eladrin Soldier feat in the damage section of the attacks page.

Perhaps use some of that extra space and resource power to perhaps populate power cards etc.

I know almost jack about designing complex Excel files like this, but I'm a wizard at copy and paste :) This sounds like my kind of solution. If anyone redesigns the sheet to incorporate this, please post!

Remove ads