Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet"

Amurayi

Explorer
The idea behind the Pro Sheet is that you shouldn't have the damage listed. It all depends on the weapon you are using. We made this so it's easy for people with multiple weapons to quickly see what damage it does. So instead of 1d8+X it's better to have it appear as 1[W]+X. So look up your attack bonus depending on the weapon an then look down what power you want to use and adjust the damage according to the weapon you use it with.

The actual damage properly written out should work on the normal sheet as this is easier for beginners.

dburras

First Post
The idea behind the Pro Sheet is that you shouldn't have the damage listed. It all depends on the weapon you are using. We made this so it's easy for people with multiple weapons to quickly see what damage it does. So instead of 1d8+X it's better to have it appear as 1[W]+X. So look up your attack bonus depending on the weapon an then look down what power you want to use and adjust the damage according to the weapon you use it with.

The actual damage properly written out should work on the normal sheet as this is easier for beginners.
Which is exactly what I said I was having the problem with. The issue isn't that it shows as 1d8+x or 1[w]+x, but the fact that it shows as 1d8+0 or 1[w]+0 instead of 1[w]+x

Having the damage box read 1[w] + modifier would be perfect. The way it shows now as 1[w] + 0 implies that there is no damage bonus and that it's straight weapon damage no matter what.

As I stated previously, I like the look and layout. I like the simplicity of the pro-sheet and I agree that it makes it much easier for people with multiple weapons (like me). However, I would think that it should include damage bonuses either in the form of straight number (because that's not likely to change based on your weapon) or at least by including the damage modifier category...

Last edited:

Have you given any thought to adding more drop-downs for the available magical items/weapons/armor that are in the PHB? Allowing for people to equip this stuff in the weapon/armor area and adding the bonuses to the correlating areas on the character sheets? I've seen a few other Excel version character sheets which do this and thought it would be pretty cool if you incorporated this feature as well.

Girochen

First Post
Okay, I discovered there is a problem with the Multiclassing stuff on the sheet. It appears that the formulas for the feats Acolyte Power (utility) and Adept Power (daily) are referenced in the Powers Known sheet backward, i.e. Acolyte = daily and Adept = utility. This is causing problems on the final sheet.

Additionally, I am not seeing how we should replace a pawer as we go up in level with a power from our multiclass. For instance, if I was a fighter multiclassed as a wizard with Novice Power as one of my feats, at level 7, I should be able to swap say Sweeping Blow for Color Spray. The only way I have found to do it is to delete Sweeping Blow in my powers list and use the Custom tab. But shouldn't we simply be able to switch the power in our powers list?

Thanks!

Obryn

Hero
Bugwise (at least on the XP version) there seems to be a problem on the TransportAttack sheet. If I'm reading it right, cells C46, E46, etc. should read...

=IF(C47=0,SUM(C48:C50),C47)

Right now, the first column only counts down C48:C49, thus missing the Class Bonus. The second column counts E48:E51, thus double-counting the Fighter Weapon Talent.

This made my dwarf fighter work out okay.

EDIT: Also, the Eladrin is missing their Dex bonus in the Race Overview sheet.

Ahhh, gotcha.

I went ahead and edited those cells so that it calculated like the regular sheet, since I like that convenience. :) It's a simple enough edit if anyone else does, too. Just Unprotect (Tools --> Protection --> Unprotect Sheet) the sheet, make the first cell (BG38)...

=IF(AQ34="","",Attacks!E48)

And so on down the road, just deleting most of the middle section of each formula and replacing the final 46 with a 48.

I hope that helps!

-O

Last edited:

Harlekin

First Post
Some Errors and Suggestions

Hi Matthias,

This is great work. Here are a few minor issues that you may want to fix:
-Orb Mastery cannot be chosen as an Wizard's Implement.
-On CharsheetI Character Name is misspelled with a k.
-Eldarin is missing his racial Bonus to Dex

Moreover, I would redisign the character sheets somewhat to make it look less cluttered:
-4ed has no magic items that increase attributes, so having an item bonus box for attributes is unnecessary.
-Can the critical damage box be shrunk to allow for more space in the effect box?
-I'm not sure the 2 Base attack Bonus Boxes need to be on the sheet, as all those calculations should have been done elsewhere. This room could be used to put one more Favorite power on.
-Maybe we can also rethink putting the powers as the last thing on the sheet. After all, nothing defines a PC like his powers.

Anyway, hope some of this helps. Thanks.

Last edited:

Dane

First Post
Which is exactly what I said I was having the problem with. The issue isn't that it shows as 1d8+x or 1[w]+x, but the fact that it shows as 1d8+0 or 1[w]+0 instead of 1[w]+x

Having the damage box read 1[w] + modifier would be perfect. The way it shows now as 1[w] + 0 implies that there is no damage bonus and that it's straight weapon damage no matter what.

As I stated previously, I like the look and layout. I like the simplicity of the pro-sheet and I agree that it makes it much easier for people with multiple weapons (like me). However, I would think that it should include damage bonuses either in the form of straight number (because that's not likely to change based on your weapon) or at least by including the damage modifier category...

Please, I beg you, list the damage on the pro sheet like it is on the character sheet. Thanks again for the awesome work.

Amurayi

Explorer
Moreover, I would redisign the character sheets somewhat to make it look less cluttered:

-4ed has no magic items that increase attributes, so having an item bonus box for attributes is unnecessary.

Yes there are. Look at Gauntlets of Ogre Power p. 247. The bonus is added to ability checks, not the ability itself.

-Can the critical damage box be shrunk to allow for more space in the effect box?

Actually with higher level you will see that the critical damage fields needs a lot of space. This might not be apparent on lower levels.

-I'm not sure the 2 Base attack Bonus Boxes need to be on the sheet...

Well it's only one more than a regular sheet. And if you are a ranger you actually want more if you have different magic weapons (melee and ranged). Other classes indeed only need one indeed.

-Maybe we can also rethink putting the powers as the last thing on the sheet. After all, nothing defines a PC like his powers.

I don't see the powers as the first thing on any sheet. If you want powers to be more dominant I suggest using our Pro sheet which is the most dominant thing. Also use a sheet where there are powers only.

Last edited:

Amurayi

Explorer
Please, I beg you, list the damage on the pro sheet like it is on the character sheet. Thanks again for the awesome work.

The Pro sheet should list the ability bonus to damage for each power. If it doesn't then it's a bug we will fix! :)

We will stick to listing the damage with [W] as there is no indication which base attack or weapon you are using it with. It's designed to be more flexible. If you want the damage written out completely use 1d8 for example. Then this is your weapon damage.

Remove ads