Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet"

Rowe

First Post
Its broken for me at the moment.

When i open it in Excel 2003, it says that there are to many cell formats, and it has a critical Error

Mirtek

Hero
Is it running or not? I'm using Excel 2007 and convert all data to a 2003 excel file...
Just tried again from this link: http://www.nzcomputers.net/heroforge/default4e.asp (file labeled as 1.14)

Unfortunately it's still not running. However the error messages changed slightly.

Still first twice the message about too many cell formats and then the third message now says that the file was critically damaged and that excel tried and failed to repair (instead of the third message being about a "circular reference" as before)

Amurayi

Explorer
Ok this sounds serious. This thing works for Excel 2007. But we also want it to work on older Excel version so we are looking into this issue right now.

We added a lot of features which were requested by fans like power activation changing colors. We are currently deleting options again to see of we can get it to run under Excel Office XP (should be 2003, right?)

Nerizaal

First Post
i ran it using open office and apart from the powers selection boxes being empty it seemed ok. took an age to open it though.

Amurayi

Explorer
Here's what we found out so far: We have over 4000 formats in different cells. Excel XP does not like this!

EDIT: We have separated the main excel file into two smaller files for users of older Excel versions. The excel files are not connected. The XPextras.xls only has items which don't require a dynamic content anyway.

We got reports from Excel 2007 users and it works fine for them. Even from Open Office Users! Yay!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases