• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dynamic Excel "Wiesbaden Charactersheet"

Blackwood

First Post
Simple Ranged Weapons

First, I would like to give a big thanks for making this sheet, I love sheets that auto-calculate a lot of things.

Second, a bug report:
There appears to be a bug in adding the proficiency bonus for simple ranged weapons. The proficiency bonus for simple ranged weapons (like slings and hand crossbows) is not showing up on any class I've tried except for Rogues (who have a specialized list of proficiencies, rather than just blanket "simple ranged").

Yarthok

First Post
The right way to do it then, Yarthok, is to use custom formatting on these cells.... and I realize this isn't your problem per se, but in Excel, we can set custom formatting on the cells, so I can give this string
Code:
+#0;-#
and it will give me +X if X is 0 or more and -X if X is negative. (It's also possible to get a third format in for exactly 0, but I didn't see the need here).

Thanks Infocynic! The same format method works in OOCalc. The result is as you described with the display showing a plus sign, but the value can be used directly in numeric calculations in other cells.

As a cascading side effect, my test change to SkillInsight caused cell $'Charsheet I'.CN15 to incorrectly show blank. However, the fix was to simplify CN15 to use SkillInsight directly.

I changed the following:

Code:
$'Charsheet I'.AR73 (SkillInsight)
FROM ==> =IF(F73+B73+J73+N73+R73+V73+Z73+AD73>0;"+"&F73+B73+J73+N73+R73+V73+Z73+AD73;F73+B73+J73+N73+R73+V73+Z73+AD73)
TO ==>   =IF(F73+B73+J73+N73+R73+V73+Z73+AD73>0;F73+B73+J73+N73+R73+V73+Z73+AD73;F73+B73+J73+N73+R73+V73+Z73+AD73)
CELL FORMAT CODE CHANGED TO ==> +#0;-#
VALUE DISPLAYED ==> +5

$'Charsheet I'.CU15 (PassiInsight)
FROM ==>          =10+VALUE(SkillInsight)
RESTORED TO ==>   =10+SkillInsight
VALUE DISPLAYED ==> 15

$'Charsheet I'.CN15 
FROM ==> =MID(SkillInsight;2;2)
TO ==>   =SkillInsight
VALUE DISPLAYED ==> 5

I will start to come up with a list of cells that might benefit from using your suggested formatting and report back... probably this weekend.

James McMurray

First Post
Would it be possible for the "other bonuses" field to include a spot for your Warlord's Intelligence or Charisma modifier, then automatically calculate the appropriate bonuses? Also, a slot for warlords with Combat Commander would be nice.

The Angelic Avenger's weapon trainig doesn't appear to be working. Selecting Bastard Sword for the weapon does not add a proficiency bonus on the character sheet.

The ranged weapon proficiencies on the hidden section of the Attacks sheet are incorrectly calculated, owing to the "Improvised Melee" line in the Weapon section of the Class Overview sheet.

For example, the formula in cell AA50 of the Attacks sheet presently begins:
Code:
=IF(OR((HLOOKUP(Class,'Class Overview'!$3:$23,17,FALSE)=TRUE)...
It should instead begin:
Code:
=IF(OR((HLOOKUP(Class,'Class Overview'!$3:$23,18,FALSE)=TRUE)...
Note the change from "17" to "18" in the HLOOKUP function. The same change is needed in AA51 and AA52, as is a similar change from "18" to "19" in AA54 and AA55, and from "19" to "20" in AA57. This adjusts the ranged weapon proficiency lookups to examine the correct table rows.

Amurayi

Explorer
Heya all,

thanks so far for the input. We're trying to incorporate as much as possible into teh next update.

A quick note: I just received the "Forgotten Realms Player's Guide". The next version will contain all Paragon Paths, Spell Scar Options, Feats, Rituals, Sword Mage Powers, Regions and Epic Destiny of this fine book!

mos

First Post
You say that you're not going to put the full powers into the character sheet, which is fine, but have you considered putting in the ability for us to do so? For example, so that the attacks tab will be automatically filled out if we have edited our power descriptions?

edit: Either way, I definitely think your character sheet is the best one available so far!

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
FRPG is great. Cant wait to see the info here in the sheet. Makes things sooooo much easier let me tell you. Any updates on how your coding is coming?

Last edited:

You say that you're not going to put the full powers into the character sheet, which is fine, but have you considered putting in the ability for us to do so? For example, so that the attacks tab will be automatically filled out if we have edited our power descriptions?

edit: Either way, I definitely think your character sheet is the best one available so far!
Only problem I could see with that is that it's very easy for someone to type in all the powers and start redistributing it in a way the authors didn't originally intend. If they're really trying to support that you have to have the books to use the sheet, then I think they have every right to be careful about how easy it is to do something like that.

Superboy

First Post
Oh boy! Picked up the FRPG today and can't wait for the updated character sheet with updated swordmage class/powers/feats.

Oh and are you gonna include material from the completed Dragon #366 in the next update?

Remove ads