E-Bay - Is it safe?

Silver Moon

Adventurer
NewJeffCT said:
I've actually gotten nervous and not bid over a person that had 63 positives and 1 neutral.
That strikes me as a bit extreme, but I guess it would depend on exactly what was said in the neutral post.

I've only bought and never sold, but have one negative feedback mark against me due to an Internet Service Provider change. I had sent the seller info on the ISP change after I won, but they apparently continued to e-mail the old ISP instead address (which the ISP hadn't deactived yet, even though I couldn't access it). Two months later they posted the negative feedback, saying not to sell to me as I ignored all of their emails. So based on that I tend to give a break to anybody with a single neutral or negative provided the rest are all positive.

Norfleet

First Post
Tsyr said:
Likewise, READ THE FINE PRINT... Many times this is very revealing. One time I almost bid on an SGI monitor, but in a long string of miscelanous text, snuck into the middle covertly, was the line "This monitor does not work. Might be a good project." Considering the bid was over $200 at that point, I'm guessing plenty of people never noticed that line. Likewise, be sure you are getting what you think you are...
You'd be surprised what people can auction off for huge sums of cash without any deception whatsoever. My favorite auctions I saw include the "slightly bent nail", with picture, that wound up selling for $150+, and the "Xbox Box", which went for some $200. And the guy selling the box wrote, in BIG HUGE LETTERS, that it was only the box, and there was no actual XBox, too.

Last edited:

Remove ads