[E&E] Goblin's Lair #1 - Red Hand Trail

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
And so the afternoon whiles away into the evening, with a good time had by all. Unless there are anymore stops to make, the party returns to the mayor's house to spend the night, knowing full well that the perils of the Burning Hills await them in the morning...

Jack Daniel

Okay... that afternoon, Fenn breaks off from the rest of the party to go find the tinsmith's shop. It's not far from the Harpy, and neither is it much to look at. A smallish house with a green roof and a brick chimney, you can easily peek through the wide-open windows to see the smith at work. A short man with a bald pate, tiny spectacles on his large nose, and a thick apron, he is currently using tin-snips to fashion a sheet of the thin metal into some kind of yet-unshaped blank or planchet. The smith seems to be very deeply absorbed in his work; he certainly doesn't look up, or acknowledge Fenn standing on his doorstep.

((Again, sorry for the long drought between posts. Crazy-busy few days. Hopefully this won't become a habit.))

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Fenn looks around the shop for something of use. If he finds material he can use for his smoke bombs and other chemistry inventions he will barter for them while making pleasant small talk. "So, how do you do, sir. I hope you don't mind me admiring your good work." Otherwise Fenn will still engage in small talk before calling it a night.

Jack Daniel

The small-talk is pleasant, but not very engaging. The smith is a fine craftsman, but hardly a scientist, and his shop clearly lacks useful materials for chemical concoctions. Resigned to the fact that he has only his own equipment to work with, Fenn calls it a night and returns to the mayor's house.

The next morning, bright and early, you are all awakened and invited to break fast with Burgomaster Kemp. While you eat, sundry townsfolk assemble packs of gear and provisions in the yard out front of the house; and after a short while, the old farmer Mr. Bedan arrives, ready to guide you into the hills. He stands patiently outside, silently watching over the gear, while you finish your business with the leader of Kleine.

Last edited:

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Biggums woke up from his bed with the taste of stale beer in his mouth. The night before he had stayed at the bar after everyone had left and made a name for himself at the bar. Biggums rolls out of the bed and clumsily walks over to where he dropped his clothes the yesterday night. He put them on, attempted to push out some of the wrinkles, and then proceeded to go to meet the group up front.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Gosh, I can't remember the last time I slept in a bed that comfortable," Fenn says as he yawns and stretches in the morning sun.

"My goodness, that was the hardest, lumpiest bed I have ever slept on!" Morgana puffs, dark circles under her eyes proving her point. Her clothes and hair however are in perfect condition.

"Let's get a move on and check out the hills so we can figure out what is going on here."

Jack Daniel

After breakfast then, Burgomaster Kemp stands and leads you outside. From the front porch of his rustic house, he indicates the assembled gear and says, "I've ordered for you trail rations, skins for water and wine, rope, spikes, lanthorns and oil, bedrolls, and packs. Take whatever you think you may need."

While the burgomaster speaks, Farmer Bedan shoulders a pack of his own. As soon as Kemp falls silent, he takes the opportunity to jump in: "We'll be well-stocked for this little hike, we will, says I. Of course, since I'm only taking you as far as the hills, I s'pose it's more you than me what'll be running into all the trouble." Bedan smiles, but his cheerful manner is belied by a nervous shudder and a grim wince when he mentions the Burning Hills.

Remove ads