[E&E] Goblin's Lair #1 - Red Hand Trail

G

Guest 11456

When Biggums comes to Zephyrus' room, the Sylph is checking over his gear. When the man asks about going for a drink the only response is a wordless slow shaking of his head. Then the stoic individual returns to his work.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Alrighty then, I think thats everyone. So any place in particular that you would want to go? I mean to me a pints a pint but to some of you more sophiscticated people you may want to chose something that's a little bit nicer, or a floor." Biggums askes the group after his confusing rendezvous with the Sylph.

[sblock]
should I make up some names just for the occasion? or will you Jack Daniels?

I would probably go with the Dancing Orchard (nicest bar in town), The Sprawling Bear (a rowdier place), and the Drunken Nymph (seedy and hazy) if your interested.
[/sblock]

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
Biggums slinks out of his room after he is done cleaning and re-cleaning his pistol and making some adjustments to the rifle. He walks around to every room and askes nearly the same question to everyone. "Anybody interested in gettin' a pint? Think of it as a way for us to get to no one another. So are you comin'?" He askes as he pops his head into the room.

"Sounds like a wonderful way to remove the dust of the road from our throats. Morgana and I would gladly join you for a drink Biggums" replies Thalion.

After making sure everything is ship-shape in the room. Reginald joins the group at the bar.

Morgana, about to say something, stops herself, pausing in thought before speaking again.

"Yes, Thalion is correct, we shall join you for a beverage."

When the others are ready she joins them, ordering a wine rather than an ale.

"Hmmm... I suppose the tin smith can wait until later. I mean, just a pint shouldn't hurt."

When Biggums comes to Zephyrus' room, the Sylph is checking over his gear. When the man asks about going for a drink the only response is a wordless slow shaking of his head. Then the stoic individual returns to his work.

"Alrighty then, I think thats everyone. So any place in particular that you would want to go? I mean to me a pints a pint but to some of you more sophiscticated people you may want to chose something that's a little bit nicer, or a floor." Biggums askes the group after his confusing rendezvous with the Sylph.

It doesn't take much asking around to discern that the favorite tavern in Kleine is a public house called the Harmonious Harpy. It's here that the hardworking and throat-parched farmers of Kleine all routinely congregate to socialize and slake their thirst. Thus it goes that the party as a whole, minus Zephyrus the sylph, traipses across town and finds the Harpy.

Entering the tavern, you find a pleasant and comfortable establishment, although the mood of the patrons therein is altogether dour. There are perhaps half a dozen farmers in the tavern, two at the bar and deep in their cups, while the other four sit at a table and discuss recent troubles with the intensity of old men who wish it were still within their ability to take action and be useful.

The barkeeper is a corpulent man who wears a plain white apron over his simple clothes. He smiles as he comes around the bar to greet you, introducing himself as Mr. Brauer. "Please, come and sit, drink and be merry! It has been many days since the Harpy saw any cheer. But you, good warriors, you bring our people hope! And people with hope, believe it or not, drink more ale than people without!"

He furnishes each of you with the your libations of choice, even opening a bottle of fine vintage for Morgana. Given the quality and free flow of ales and lagers here at the Harpy, it seems that some cheer is indeed in store.

((OOC, sorry about taking so long to get back to this. Busy few days at work!))

Last edited:

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Biggums smiles as he enters the The Harpy. Biggums gives the barman a tip of his hat and he sits down where shown. He rubs his hands in anticipation of a nice drink and some conversation to boot. "Hmm, whatever you got that goes down smooth and leaves a fire in your stomach, if you know what I mean my good man." Biggums says as he leans back on his chair and pulls his hat further back on his head so everyone can see him and he can see them.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"This is... passable," Morgana says, not wanting to admit it was quite tasty as she sips from her cup.

"Seems fate has brought us together for some reason or other, I suppose the reason is soon to be discovered. In the meanwhile, tell me, how did you all end up here in this little town?"

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Just holding up family tradition. Every male in the Niper family gets to a certain point in his life where he leaves to hone his skills and spread the name." Biggums says to the group pausing when his drink comes. He gives the server a little nod and raises his glass to him in thanks. Biggums takes a drink and the continues. "I'm one of the younger one's to leave. Now why I came here was through one of my uncles who has set up his own little buisness a few towns away. He's a gunsmith, and a damn good one at that, and he gave me the tip of action that is going on in this town." Biggums takes another drink and then takes off his hat and puts down on the table. "then I jumped on the first thing I saw moving there and continued that trend till I got ta here. It's not a remarkable story but it's the one I got."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I'm trying to make some money to repay my uncle for the damage one of my lab experiments caused. The man's raised me these last few years and tolerated my hobbies so I certainly owe him. Not that anyone mixing nitrogen compounds wouldn't have made the same mistake..."

Fenris

Adventurer
"I'm trying to make some money to repay my uncle for the damage one of my lab experiments caused. The man's raised me these last few years and tolerated my hobbies so I certainly owe him. Not that anyone mixing nitrogen compounds wouldn't have made the same mistake..."

"Probably wouldn't happen if you didn't use anhydrous ammonia." offers Thalion. "As for me, well I am a traveler, a seeker of knowledge. I desire to see if these goblins are indeed real. Morgana's father is a famous scholar himself and it was through him I learned the the troubles of this valley."

Remove ads