E. Gary Gygax Sr. May Have Had Another, More Recent Will?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
So, I know that it is none of my business (or any of ours actually), but I am curious if there have been any further developments here.

According to the docket, there was a motion hearing yesterday:

Off record discussion. Attorney Theodore Nathan Johnson appeared by video means for Beneficiary Gail Carpenter Gygax. Attorney Jennifer M Gorn appeared by video means for Petitioner Lucion Gygax.
All exhibits to be exchanged by October 30th
Court Trial set for November 16, 2020 @ 8:30am for 2 days, Pre-Trial set for November 12, 2020 @ 9am
Witness lists to be exchanged by October 30, 2020

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
So a a few quick updates here:

09-23-2020Other papers
Temporary Restraining Order in effect until further notice by the Court.

There's no listing who the TRO was taken out against.

10-27-2020Letters/correspondence
Letter signed by Atty Jennifer M Gorn requesting to extend events approximately 120 days. BTC, Request Granted. DR 11/9/20

For those who don't recall, Jennifer Gorn is the attorney for Luke Gygax.

Additionally, the time to file inventory has been extended to May 1st, 2021, and the time to close estate has been extended to September 1st.

Currently, the pre-trial conference has been scheduled for March 11th, 2021, with the court trial beginning on March 15th.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
So it looks like several changes have been made to the proceedings for the case. According to the current docket:
  • As of January 1st of this year, Kristine E. Drettwan has taken over from David M. Reddy as the judge overseeing the case. No reason for the judicial transfer has been given.
  • On February 18th of this year, subpoenas were served to both Alex Gygax (Gary's son with Gail) and Michael Gygax, with whom I'm unfamiliar (and isn't listed as one of the parties involved in the case).
  • The pre-trial conference will now be held on June 3rd of this year, with the trial itself being held on June 7th-8th.

Last edited:

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
So it looks like several changes have been made to the proceedings for the case. According to the current docket:
  • As of January 1st of this year, Kristine E. Drettwan has taken over from David M. Reddy as the judge overseeing the case. No reason for the judicial transfer has been given.
  • On February 18th of this year, subpoenas were served to both Alex Gygax (Gary's son with Gail) and Michael Gygax, with whom I'm unfamiliar (and isn't listed as one of the parties involved in the case).
  • The pre-trial conference will now be held on June 3rd of this year, with the trial itself being held on June 7th-8th.
  • He may have been reassigned to a different docket. Rotation between types of cases is common to ensure that judges have a full breadth of knowledge. Given that it's at the beginning of a calendar year, that seems likely.
  • Subpoenas in civil cases are common just to make sure that witnesses (and parties) actually show.
  • PTC is just housekeeping. "How much time are you going to need for witnesses?" "Have you pre-served your exhibits?" "Any chance we can resolve any issues without a trial? If it isn't past Standards and Goals, it could get kicked even further.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases