E. Gary Gygax Sr. May Have Had Another, More Recent Will?

Zardnaar

Legend
So, what's Gails issue with Garys stuff? Why wont she say, sale the Greyhawk Castle stuff or allow its use to be sold etc? Why is she hording everything except what she chooses to auction?

Seems pretty counter to Gary who wanted people to play games and not horde them like a dragon.

Up to her she could set it on fire.

I highly doubt there's actually that much and even less in a state that could be published.

darjr

I crit!
Up to her she could set it on fire.

I highly doubt there's actually that much and even less in a state that could be published.
I would have loved a decent treatment though.

Maybe not so much as an adventure or RPG book.

More like a history piece like the Art and Arcana book or one of Petersons other history works or the Judges Guild volumes from Goodman Games.

Zardnaar

Legend
I would have loved a decent treatment though.

Maybe not so much as an adventure or RPG book.

More like a history piece like the Art and Arcana book or one of Petersons other history works or the Judges Guild volumes from Goodman Games.

Yeah even seeing old notes or whatever. Theresy not be that much idk.

So, what's Gails issue with Garys stuff? Why wont she say, sale the Greyhawk Castle stuff or allow its use to be sold etc? Why is she hording everything except what she chooses to auction?

Seems pretty counter to Gary who wanted people to play games and not horde them like a dragon.

It's not 'Gary's stuff'. It is Gail's 'stuff'. She can do with it as she pleases. Perhaps she's already destroyed it. Perhaps she's waiting to see what the market will bear.

Or maybe she just wants to move on with her life.

Omand

Hero
It's not 'Gary's stuff'. It is Gail's 'stuff'. She can do with it as she pleases. Perhaps she's already destroyed it. Perhaps she's waiting to see what the market will bear.

Or maybe she just wants to move on with her life.
Is it though?

I am not a lawyer, and not as well-versed as some who have been following this and have posted in this thread. But from what I have been able to gather, there s a real question about who owns what from Gary's Estate. Yes, Gail has claimed to be the 100% beneficiary, but Luke challenged that based upon questions over the legitimacy of the will.

At least, that is what I have been able to gather.

If Gail is not the 100% beneficiary, then it is not necessarily Gail's stuff.

Cheers :)

Zardnaar

Legend
Is it though?

I am not a lawyer, and not as well-versed as some who have been following this and have posted in this thread. But from what I have been able to gather, there s a real question about who owns what from Gary's Estate. Yes, Gail has claimed to be the 100% beneficiary, but Luke challenged that based upon questions over the legitimacy of the will.

At least, that is what I have been able to gather.

If Gail is not the 100% beneficiary, then it is not necessarily Gail's stuff.

It is until the court decides otherwise.

Omand

Hero
It is until the court decides otherwise.
Is it though?

Again, not a lawyer. but if there is a dispute over the disposition of an estate it is my general understanding that the contents of the estate remain in the estate, they do not go or belong to any of the possible claimants. They remain in the estate until probate or whatever local legal requirement applies is fulfilled and then are distributed and become property of the appropriate heirs/recipients.

I will fully admit, however, that this is a very complex case based upon what I have read here. So, my interpretation and knowledge may well be off. Being Canadian, I am also not familiar with US law.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases