• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E6, Black Company Style {Possibly Diamond Throne}

Eidalac

Explorer
Since my Red Hand of Doom game is going so swimmingly *rollseyes*, I've been kicking around the idea of an unholy love child of E6 and the Black Company.

I have a very rough idea for the start and the goal, but not much else ATM, so I'm just seeing if there is any interest in the idea.

Also, I should note I'm not tied to the Black Company Setting in particular, so I'm fairly open to suggestions at this point in the process (including story wise).

I'm slightly tempted to use a modified version of the Diamond Throne setting, but that's a thought I literally just had I as typed this up.

More than likely, this will start out at 1st level.

The starting town (Some names and place have been borrowed from other adventures I have, mostly due to having maps for them, so that doesn't mean I will be using those adventures (I might, but it all depends)):

All characters will start as locals. One idea I have ATM is to have you start with just 1 NPC class level, which will be replaced by a PC class at the onset of events.

[sblock="Axenbough"]
Axenbough (Small Town)
600 silver limit; Assets 34,000 silver.
Population 2,330 (77% human, ...)

Authority figure:
Mayor Bryon Madigan

Important Figures:
Constable Sorran Anitah, leader of the town guard (20)
Sartanis, head of the Axenbough Rangers (50)
(Town Council)

Industry:
Logging and Forestry

The town of Axenbough is likely the most easterly city in the Realm. It sits in the midst of the great Rhestin Forest, astride the Rhestin River that cuts through the forest. Not far to the east rise the Godsfang Mountains. Not even legend speaks of the other side of those peaks.

The town is goverened by long-time mayor Bryon Madigan, a popular man in spite of the missgivings many have about his knowledge of the Grand Arcanum. The fact that Bryon seems more interested in the study of magic than of working it, as well as the fact that he has never worked his art in any public display, eases the minds of most.

Along with the mayor, a small council also oversees the community. A town guard police the city itself while an offical militia, the rangers, patrol the roads and woods around the city.

The primary livelyhood of the town is the export of lumber from the Rhestin, shiped down the river towards the larger cities of the Realm in exchange for worked goods. The woods of the Rhestin are of high quality, so the town remains well supplied and quite prosporus.

The Rhestin is a dangerous place, espeicaly beyond the patrols of the rangers. Large animals and other such wild threats have always been a problem, but in recent years bandits have become more of a threat, as have insects of terrible size.

The lands around Axenbough, the Elsir Vale, are the domain of Lord Dalin Vadalis of Aundair, under the perview of Sir Sasik of Lathleer. However, Sir Sasik has only made a single tour of the region, shortly after he was made vassal to Lord Vadalis, and none of his fellow knights have come further east than Brindol since.[/sblock]

The character progression I'll be using:

2 odd ball things:

Racial abilities are an idea I got from This Thread. The exact details are not fixed, but that thread will give you a pretty good idea of what I'm gunning for.

Talents are similar to what you find in Arcana Evolved, as a special 1st level only feat. However, I'm obviously tweaking that idea a bit, as you'll get more than 1 as you advance. More than likely, these will be tied to your Background/Profession.

[sblock="Character Progression Table"]
Code:
				Class	Cross					
Character	XP	HP	Skill	Skill	Talents	Feats	Ability	Racial
Level			Bonus	Max	Max			Score	Ability
1st		0	0	4	2	1st	-	-	-
2nd		1000	0	5	2.5	-	-	-	-
3rd		3000	0	6	3	-	1st	-	-
4th		6000	0	7	3.5	-	-	1st	-
5th		10000	0	8	4	-	-	-	1st
6th		15000	0	9	4.5	-	2nd	-	-
+1		20000	1	10	5	2nd	-	-	-
+2		25000	2	10	5	-	-	2nd	2nd
+3		30000	3	10	5	-	3rd	-	-
+4		35000	4	10	5	-	-	-	-
+5		40000	5	10	5	-	-	-	3rd
+6		45000	6	11	6	-	4th	3rd	-
+7		50000	7	11	6	3rd	-	-	-
+8		55000	8	11	6	-	-	-	4th
+9		60000	9	11	6	-	5th	-	-
+10		65000	10	11	6	-	-	4th	-
+11		70000	11	12	7	-	-	-	5th
+12		75000	12	12	7	-	6th	-	-
+13		80000	13	12	7	4th	-	-	-
+14		85000	14	12	7	-	-	5th	6th
+15		90000	15	12	7	-	7th	-	-
+16		95000	16	13	8	-	-	-	-
+17		100000	17	13	8	-	-	-	7th
+18		105000	18	13	8	-	8th	6th	-
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Huzzaaah. Count me in. Do you have any idea which races you are allowing? I've got a few ideas floating around in the back of my skull.

Eidalac

Explorer
Not 100% sure.

The three main options, ATM, would be for:

a) True Black Company - Pure Human (as in the Black Company Setting).
b) Modified Diamond Throne - Any of the Arcana Unearthed/Evolved races.
c) Modified Arthurian Setting - Using the races from Relics & Rituals: Excalibur (Human, Anhardd (non-core Hobgoblin), Cellwair (modified Hafling), Daoine Sidhe (Elf Lords), Lledrith Side (Forest Elves), Hanner Sidhe (Half elves) & Meniedd (Modified dwarves)).

Remove ads