E6: The Game Inside D&D

Ry

Explorer
My quiet period revealed: Baby Myriam Elizabeth ("Mia") Stoughton was born yesterday at 9:34 AM. Baby jumped the gun on us and arrived a month early, but she's 5 lbs 4 oz and wowing the nurses with how well she's doing. Cheers everybody!!!!!!

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Ryan Stoughton said:
My quiet period revealed: Baby Myriam Elizabeth ("Mia") Stoughton was born yesterday at 9:34 AM. Baby jumped the gun on us and arrived a month early, but she's 5 lbs 4 oz and wowing the nurses with how well she's doing. Cheers everybody!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!

I don't know if she is your first born but if she is relax in the knowledge that being a dad is the best thing possible.

If you have other children then you already know how fantastic it is!

Congratulations.

And just to stay vaguely on topic :)) ):

Last night was the first session of my Everstone game, which is going to be an E8 game. Everyone is starting at 3rd level, and we'll see how things shake out from there. Despite liking EnWorld better for D&D/d20 stuff, I'll be posting an AP over on RPGNet since I don't feel like doing an actual story like all the Story Hour threads seem to do here. AP is mainly going to be an overview of what happened in the game, along with any mechanical considerations/issues I had.

Edit: My AP is here: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=360526

Last edited:

Raven Crowking

First Post
Ryan Stoughton said:

Congrats!

You're going to have a very busy next couple of years..... :lol:

RC

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Ryan Stoughton said:
Congrats! And I'm pretty sure, you'll be a good dad!

Cheers, LT.

Nytmare

David Jose
I just threw this idea out to my players for a once over:

When working towards a prestige class, you may ignore any one pre-requisite.

My thought is that, overall, most of the PRCs we're using (core and Scarred Lands) tend to be accessible at around the 6th level mark, but that the structure you have to build into to pick them up in E6 is a little too strict.

For the most part, the pre-reqs are all things the player is going to WANT anyway, they all basically make sense for the character to have. Furthermore, I think that the basic powerlevel is maintained because even if you were to drop say a BAB pre-req, that same PRC is bound to have a skill or feat pre-req that enforces that level requirement.

[EDIT]

(Holy crap a baby! Congrats Ry!)

[/EDIT]

Last edited:

Animus

Explorer
First of all, congrats Ryan!

Second, the reason why I'm posting. In about a week I'm running a one shot using E8 as a basis. The PCs are getting level 8 + 5 feats and an elite attribute array, putting them roughly in EL 9-10 range. I have seven PCs, and am running a dragon-slaying excursion. Any suggestions, particularly for the dragon?

Remove ads