E6: The Game Inside D&D

Kunimatyu

First Post
Treacherous_B said:
Oh I saw them, and they are good...but I was looking for something more powerful as a purchase in lieu of or as well as those.

Oh, I see. I don't really have the time to do a balance analysis on them (though if you pop over to the Balancing E6 thread in House Rules, there are a number of folks who'd be glad to offer their opinions), but the concept is certainly fine, and if you think it'll make the campaign more fun, go for it.

Mokona

First Post
Are there any D&D constructs that can be created by E6 wizards. The lowest requirement I could find required a 4th level spell. :]

Kunimatyu

First Post
Mokona said:
Are there any D&D constructs that can be created by E6 wizards. The lowest requirement I could find required a 4th level spell. :]

You have to do it with incantations(Unearthed Arcana) instead of the typical ways of creating golems.

Zelc

First Post
The Balancing E6 thread can be found here, if you want someone to look over those feats. I can tell you right off though, I think your monk feat is weak :p.

EDIT: By the way, does anyone want to make an E6 Feats thread in the houserules section and constantly update it with an index? Possibly with a link to the Balancing thread so we can have the Feats thread be only for feats, while any balance issues can be discussed somewhere else.

Last edited:

Kunimatyu

First Post
Zelc said:
The Balancing E6 thread can be found here, if you want someone to look over those feats. I can tell you right off though, I think your monk feat is weak :p.

EDIT: By the way, does anyone want to make an E6 Feats thread in the houserules section and constantly update it with an index? Possibly with a link to the Balancing thread so we can have the Feats thread be only for feats, while any balance issues can be discussed somewhere else.

I'd suggest updating the Balancing E6 thread with a list of first off the first post, and change the title from Balancing E6 to "Balancing E6 - Now with Feat Index!" or the like.

Zelc

First Post
Kunimatyu said:
I'd suggest updating the Balancing E6 thread with a list of first off the first post, and change the title from Balancing E6 to "Balancing E6 - Now with Feat Index!" or the like.
The problem is, I don't want to be the one keeping the list updated :(. I don't think I'll have that much time to keep up with it.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Scurvy_Platypus said:
My thought was to simply take a look at how much XP the NPC had and subtract out the difference between level 8 and the NPC's level. Whatever is left over would buy feats as normal.

So for example, a 14th level character (91k) gets bumped back to 8th (28k) which leaves 63k worth of extra XP. Divided by 5k, and you wind up with 12.6. So 12 or 13 extra feats depending on which way you feel like swinging.

I would only give them 1/2 the number of extra feats, if that. On the theory that
A - there are less higher level threats, and thus xp comes at a slower rate.

B - Its a lot of work to choose 12 new feats - trust me I've tried
Take 2-6 ability boost feats (1-3 abilities) and perhaps 1 capstone (if you like these)

C - Did the NPC really need to be 14th level? or was it an arbitrary designation?

D: the heavy math reason: Experiance is not exactly linear.
an 8th lvl char needs 9k xp to advance, given in 13 encounters[sblock] or 6 encounters of CR10, 26 of CR6; adjusted by number of caompanions[/sblock]
9000/13=692xp per encounter. To reach 14th level the character would have had 14-8=6 levels with 13 encounters each. 13*6=78 encounters * 692xp = 53k xp = 10 feats
Did the NPC actually have 78 encounters after reachng 8th level? see point C

Remove ads