E6: The Game Inside D&D

I actually would re-boot the thread again, maybe in a different subforum.

But I'd want to do a rewrite of the E6 .pdf first, and before I could do that I'd want to be sure that I could get good layout for it.
What kind of layout do you need? Are you talking about something bigger than the 20 pages at the front of thread?

Ry

Explorer
I actually have talked to Jason Dettman who did the layout on the first one. I'm planning on doing a rewrite of that pdf somewhere in the next few months.

I actually have talked to Jason Dettman who did the layout on the first one. I'm planning on doing a rewrite of that pdf somewhere in the next few months.

Are you aware of the OGL problems with the 0.4.1 PDF?
* It references Kord on page 5. I'm not aware of an OGC version of Aspect of Kord
* It refers directly to Unearthed Arcana in the FAQ. I'm pretty sure that is a trademarked name. And making reference to compatibility with a trademarked name is forbidden.
* The FAQ also references the point buy rules in the DMG. They are not OGC either.

Ry

Explorer
Oh, also, all this copyright stuff reminded me that it was time to release the new E6 Compatibility Logo!

The Compatibility Logo will be available to all potential publishers so they can indicate that they take E6 and copyright issues very seriously.

Here it is!

E6-inside.png

Oh, also, all this copyright stuff reminded me that it was time to release the new E6 Compatibility Logo!
Can I assume (correctly) from this that the new version of E6 will be a "complete" RPG with pages about classes and races and skills and combat and ... I'm betting you can keep char gen minus feats to 32 pages easily. Magic could easily be under 32 pages. The hard part would be reducing combat and skills since E6 leaves them unmodified.

joela

First Post
Can I assume (correctly) from this that the new version of E6 will be a "complete" RPG with pages about classes and races and skills and combat and ... I'm betting you can keep char gen minus feats to 32 pages easily. Magic could easily be under 32 pages. The hard part would be reducing combat and skills since E6 leaves them unmodified.

Don't forget magic items, traps, poisons, and -- of course -- monsters! to make the "complete" rpg.

Just as a general note...

There has been on-going work to modify the SRD to be "E6" compliant. I haven't followed it especially because I set my cap higher, so it's of no real use to me. You can find it here:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-le...tem-reference-document-community-project.html

The last post to the thread (#281) has a zip of the files that they did work on; it should provide a solid foundation for what people are after, once you've doublechecked the assumptions/decisions made by the folks in the first place.

Don't forget magic items, traps, poisons, and -- of course -- monsters! to make the "complete" rpg.

I'm always fascinated by the "how small can an RPG go" threads. With teeny fonts I've gotten some big SRD sections down to very few pages. Someone mentioned the $2.99 per component idea here and I was intrigued again.

kevin_video

Explorer
I've mentioned this before, but during my E6 game, I've allowed certain Epic feats to be taken as capstone feats. Mostly because they don't great the game at all. For example, Combat Archery, which allows someone to fire a bow without provoking an AoO. The ranger/sorcerer/wizard 1 spell Arrow Mind does that as a swift action for a number of minutes, and there are feats that either add to your AC vs AoO with a bow, or don't provoke an AoO if it's an exotic ranged weapon. So it only makes sense to do that.

While going through the feats, I came up with a capstone feat of my own. It's a variant on an epic feat.

Energy Resistance [Capstone]

Benefit
Choose a type of energy (acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic). You gain resistance 2 to that type of energy, or your existing resistance to that type of energy increases by one category: 2, 5, 10, 20. This feat does not stack with energy resistance granted by magic items or nonpermanent magical effects.

You can gain this feat multiple times.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases