Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

Is the Ancient synonomous with Tamasah or has its place been superceded in your world view by other entities, like the Cheshnites?
Sep, I notice that while several of Wyre's wizards are on the graph, Mostin is not. Is his perspective so different that alignment, at least in the conventional sense, doesn't apply to him?

I suppose the chart is drawn from a kind of Neo-Oronthonian perspective.

It's best to view it as a particular take on the campaign 'reality.' You could do another take, involving Outside, Demogorgon, Dream, Faerie etc. Certain names would reappear, others would be new: Mostin, Vhorzhe, Ghom etc (Outside); Soneillon, Khaajh, Yeshe etc. (Dream); Teppu somewhere between Dream and Faerie etc. Claviger. Gihaahia again.

If we had the web of motes we could minutely watch as many or as few 'takes' as we wanted at the same time; see things drift between perspectives and paradigms, and thereby infer a great deal.

Atanatotatos

First Post
stunning.

May I ask you what your philosophical interests and reading are, sep? I also guess you are very much into study of religions... hinduism, particularly, i would say?

hope to read more soon (on the other thread too, of course)

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Ooh! I like that diagram. It's tantalizing to note that above the flames are apparitions and aeons. I infer that aeons are approximately as much beyond a flame as a flame is beyond a generic celestial (like a trumpet archon). Wow. :D

Oronthon reminds me of the Ein Soph Aur of the cabala. And it looks like Cheshne is kind of an anti-Oronthon. Like a manichaen vibe going on there. Very neat.

Another random critter: Gultheins (named after the Wyrish Royal Family; the boar is their emblem.). Your basic great nature spirit: paragon fully advanced dire boar + monster of legend + quasi-deity; Narh is constructed pretty much the same way. Switched out paragon SLAs and Ferocity special ability for additional Monster of Legend ability (deathless frenzy). Allies of Nwm and Mesikammi.

Gulthein
Huge Outsider (Augmented Animal, Green, Native)

Initiative: +13
Hit Dice: 21d8+378 plus 252 (798hp)
Speed: 450 ft.
Armor Class: 64 (-2 size, +8 deflection, +9 Dex, +1 dodge, +12 insight, +12 luck, +14 natural; flat-footed 54, touch 50)
Base Attack/Grapple: +15/+50
Attack: Gore +67 melee (2d6+60/18-20x3)
Full Attack: 2 gores +67 melee (2d6+60/18-20x3)
Space/Reach: 15ft./10ft.
Special Attacks: Augmented critical
Special Qualities: Deathless frenzy, DR 10/epic, fast healing 20, fire and cold resistance 10, Immunities (ability damage, ability drain, energy drain, mind-affecting effects, petrification, polymorph), hasted, SR 45
Saves: Fort +43 Ref +34 Will +30
Abilities: Str 64 Dex 29 Con 46 Int 19 Wis 30 Cha 27
Skills: Jump +195, Listen +34, Search +16, Sense Motive +22, Spot +34, Survival +22
Feats: Ability Focus (Frightful Presence), Awesome Blow, Cleave, Great Cleave, Devastating Critical (Gore), Improved Critical (gore), Improved Initiative, Multiattack, Overwhelming Critical (gore), Weapon Focus (gore)
Environment: Temperate foests
Organization: Solitary or herd (5-8)
Challenge Rating: 28

These enormous boars, which bristle with raw power, are one of the many manifestations of Uedii's ire. They move with great speed; whilst capable of formulating sophisticated plans, a Gulthein is aware that direct, overwhelming assault is its most effective weapon.
Gultheins understand Common and Sylvan, but are incapable of speech. They are immortal.

Combat
Gultheins understand that arcane spellcasters are often the most vulnerable to its Devastating Critical attack, and will target them first in preference to other character classes if it recognizes them.

Deathless Frenzy (Ex): If reduced to below 0 hit points, the Gulthein will continue fighting for a further 21 rounds before it expires.

Devastating Critical: Cretaures who suffer a critical hit from the Gulthein must make Fortitude saving throws (DC 47) or die.

Frightful Presence (Ex): When the Gulthein snorts (a free action), the ground trembles. Creatures with 20 or fewer Hit Dice within 20 ft. must make Will saving throws (DC 30) or become shaken until the opponent is out of range. A creature which saves successfully is immune to the Gulthein's ability for 24 hours.

Hasted (Su): The Gulthein acts as if hasted at all times; its stat bock reflects this.

Erevanden

Explorer
Sepulchrave, I have some questions (I like asking questions :) ) about your cosmology and npc's:

1) A repost of an older question, but still high on my "I'd love to know" list - do you intend on posting the remaining Cheshnite Hierophants (especially Prahar, but I'm also very curious about Choach, Jahi and Naatha), and perhaps Rede, hmmm ??
2) I see a distinction between Ascended Masters and Saints on your graph, but how does that translate rules wise ?
3) Rimilin of the Skin is quite very powerful in the present, how do the other Wyrish wizards (Waide, Daunton, etc.) compare to him in terms of power ?

Thanks in advance :D !!

A repost of an older question, but still high on my "I'd love to know" list - do you intend on posting the remaining Cheshnite Hierophants (especially Prahar, but I'm also very curious about Choach, Jahi and Naatha), and perhaps Rede, hmmm ??

Sorry about not answering before - I'm notoriously slack at answering questions. Yes and Yes, when I get to it. I'm terribly fickle, though, and keep getting distracted. And I never have enough time (grumble).

There's lots of stuff which is on the back-burner in terms of making it (semi)- presentable. There's also a half-finished SH update which has been languishing on my desktop for months. If there are any particular requests, I'll try to fill them in the next few weeks - no promises, that would be unwise of me. But I'll do my best. Here's what's available:

Celestial Stuff
Pharamne and the Aeons (DvR20)
Eagle (Wrath). One of the Sovereignties. Emanation of Oronthon (DvR11)
Urgic celestial hierarchy with commentary.
Exalted/perfected templates.
Enitharmon, the Adversary, the Fall and the Eschaton.
Rede / Talions (LN equivalent of the half-celestial template on steroids)

Green Stuff
The Tree Ludja (DvR20)
Viridescent spells revealed by Nehael to Nwm.
Teppu and Hlioth
The Genii Locorum [is that the right declension? It doesn't seem right.]

Far Realm Stuff
Cats & Dogs
An Enemy of Ghom

BBEGs
Remaining Cheshnite immortals
Anumid and the Thee Sects
Khu evoker PrC

Last edited:

Erevanden

Explorer
This...is...amazing... :eek:

It's like seeing Santa squeezing his butt through the chimney, with this 'UUUGE bag on his back - you know it's coming...it is...yes...the goodies...too much...[hits random wall] :p

If it comes to what I would be happiest to see from the list, it would be this:

Rede / Talions (LN equivalent of the half-celestial template on steroids)

Cats & Dogs
An Enemy of Ghom

Khu evoker PrC

Last edited:

Gwarok

Explorer
Great stuff Sep. Few details on some of the epic spells though.

Rimilin's Demonthrall should also probably include a ward for Protection from Good and Unholy Aura, both likely to be on a powerful demon and will block mind control efforts.

And on the spells that do really big summons of Cthonic Balors, Elder Treants and Primal Elementals, these creatures are allowed an SR and Save roll to prevent the summoning. I think most of the spells don't include a bonus to caster level or increased DC to that effect.

The campaign is truly getting into the realm of utter craziness, and I can see how most fantasy stories include legends of fights between gods that basically ruined the world in large scale physical ways. I'm starting to see how this can actually be done with game mechanics which is both cool and frightening to think about as a DM.

I hope the main story arc gets an update sooner rather than later, but I can appreciate the drains on your time preventing them. Happy Holidays.

grodog

Hero
Hi Sep---

This stuff interests me the most:

Sepulchrave II said:
There's also a half-finished SH update which has been languishing on my desktop for months.

Celestial Stuff
Pharamne and the Aeons (DvR20)
Urgic celestial hierarchy with commentary.
Enitharmon, the Adversary, the Fall and the Eschaton.

Green Stuff
Viridescent spells revealed by Nehael to Nwm.
Teppu and Hlioth
The Genii Locorum [is that the right declension? It doesn't seem right.]

BBEGs
Khu evoker PrC

If I had to prioritize, I'd go 1) SH update, 2) Pharamne/Aeons, 3) Urgics, 4) Enitharmon/etc., 5) BBEGs :D

Happy holidays!

Remove ads