Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

grodog

Hero
But we'll definitely be happy to read more about any of these:

Sepulchrave II said:
Celestial Stuff
Pharamne and the Aeons (DvR20)
Eagle (Wrath). One of the Sovereignties. Emanation of Oronthon (DvR11)
Urgic celestial hierarchy with commentary.
Exalted/perfected templates.
Enitharmon, the Adversary, the Fall and the Eschaton.
Rede / Talions (LN equivalent of the half-celestial template on steroids)

Green Stuff
The Tree Ludja (DvR20)
Viridescent spells revealed by Nehael to Nwm.
Teppu and Hlioth
The Genii Locorum [is that the right declension? It doesn't seem right.]

Far Realm Stuff
Cats & Dogs
An Enemy of Ghom

BBEGs
Remaining Cheshnite immortals
Anumid and the Thee Sects
Khu evoker PrC

or whatever else feels like it's ready to pop out of your brain into the screen :D

Gwarok

Explorer
Epic spell xp costs

How do you guys afford to develop Epic spells? They are awesome but the xp cost on those range from 24K to ~ 29K to make. Thats basically trading a level for a spell. Does Sep have an alternate from of generating that for the characters or did Mostin and Nwm actually pay that?

Rackhir

Explorer
Gwarok said:
How do you guys afford to develop Epic spells? They are awesome but the xp cost on those range from 24K to ~ 29K to make. Thats basically trading a level for a spell. Does Sep have an alternate from of generating that for the characters or did Mostin and Nwm actually pay that?

Sep IIRC does not have XP development costs for epic spells. I know there was at least one event where Nwm, spontaneously cast an epic spell burning the Staff he had to power an epic spell ("She Is Tired of Your Interference"), to fry a bunch of demons that were attacking the castle.

Here's the relevant section. Bottom of post #82.
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=58227&page=3&pp=30

Sepulchrave II said:
Note:

Nwm’s spell (She is tired of your interference) was a spontaneous variation of another that his player, Dave had been working on. I had ruled that DC0 Epic Spells could be invented and cast "on the fly." In this case I also allowed the staff of the woodlands to be used as a (fabulously expensive) material component – I permitted the normal XP cost to create the item (3600 XP) to be used in lieu of part of the XP mitigating factors (i.e. –36 DC). It had wholly appropriate symbolism for the mood that Nwm was in, and the spell’s visual effects reflected that.

So Nwm was the first PC to cast an Epic Spell in the game – to the immense surprise of the other players, who had no idea that Nwm was capable (or even that he was 21st level, IIRC).

The demonic attack was kind of mean of me, I’ll admit (although the players had great fun playing the devas for a round or two), but it was within Nhura’s capabilities to organize the ambush, so I could hardly let it pass. The PCs were still all completely spent from their encounter with Crosod, Eadric was missing, and to throw the chthonic babau (CR 20 or so) and a bunch of glabrezu at them at this point was a little bit ruthless.

On a related note, this opened a whole new can of worms – that of allowing magical items to serve as material components for Epic Spells. I actually quite like the idea: its not as though such things can be freely purchased in the campaign, and I think it actually balances quite well – one form of XP sink (the item) is converted into another (the Epic Spell). The purpose and symbolism needs to be consistent on some level – so it wouldn’t be possible to use, say, Daern’s instant fortress to fuel a fire evocation.

There's a thread somewhere in which Sep works on developing an epic spell casting system, but I couldn't find it with a quick search.

http://www.enworld.org/forumdisplay.php?f=305

This link was supposed to go to it, but doesn't seem to.

Last edited:

Moleculo

First Post
Gwarok said:

I also would guess that at a certain point, Sep isn't using strict XP (IE, "You defeated a CR 20 encounter, gain XP/3"). If challenge ratings tend to break down past 20th level, it would stand to reason that you should start playing a bit faster and looser with rewards.

Justin

Explorer
I'm watching LotR: The Two Towers right now and the build up to the battle of Helm's Deep got me wondering how Nwm could have won it on his own (that could make for an interesting thread). Then I remembered Sibud's Storm of Blood, so I Googled to find it in this thread quickly. What I got was so much better: The Onion! :D

Eadric at his metaphysical zenith as the fully empowered Ahma. Tahl has the same template combination (half-celestial/saint/quasi-deity). There is no more spiritual growth possible (i.e. no more templates) unless he radically changes his relationship with Oronthon (Eadric's paradigm); chthonic half-fiend blackguard is always one option ('The Bad Breath :confused: ). Retrained/rebuilt, with all skills considered class skills and gear rebalanced for the umpteenth time. His SLAs have been upped a wee bit, with lots of his minor abilities made available at-will as many are just flavour anyway. Based on Marc's utility character format. The SH has a way to go before he reaches this point, btw.

Eadric of Deorham ECL36
The Ahma; Earl Marshal of Wyre. LG Medium Outsider (Augmented Humanoid, Native).

Str 33 Dex 26 Con 29 Int 19 Wis 33 Cha 37

484hp (26HD) Speed 40 ft. (Base 60 ft.) Initiative +8

Perception
Listen +11, Spot +11, Sense Motive +40, darkvision 60 ft, true seeing.

Melee +39 (1d10+19/15-20); Devastating Critical DC 36
Against evil outsiders +41 melee (1d10+21+2d6+1d8/15-20). All attacks are considered good-aligned and epic.
  • Domain Power: +20 Str for 1 round (free action) 1/day
  • Divine Might: +13 damage per attack for 1 round (free action); uses turning attempt
  • Smite Evil: +13 to attack, +30 damage 5/day
With righteous fury Divine Might and domain power, full smite attack routine at +66/+61/+56/+51 (1d10+76+2d6+1d8); DC to resist Devastating Critical increases to 48.
  • Other melee options: rhino's charge (double damage on a charge), knight's move (up to 60 ft. and flank), Power Attack, Great Cleave, mounted combat options

Resistance
  • AC 57 (touch 36, flat-footed 55)
  • Fort +38 Ref +30 Will +36; +6 vs. evil outsiders; +4 racial bonus vs. poison
  • Immunities: Ability damage, ability drain, acid, cold, critical hits, disease, electricity, energy drain, fear, mind-affecting effects, petrification, polymorph
  • DR 10/adamantine and epic and evil
  • Spell Resistance 35
  • Resistance to fire 10
  • Fast healing 10

Supernatural Powers
  • Aura of Courage: Allies gain +4 save vs. fear
  • Daylight: At will. CL 26.
  • Lay on Hands: 195 hp/day
  • Protective Aura: 20-ft radius. Allies gain +4 AC (deflection) and +4 saves (resistance)
  • Turn/Rebuke Undead: As 12th-level Cleric, +4 synergy bonus. 16/day.

Spell-Like Abilities
Caster level 26th. Charisma-based. Save DC 25+ spell level.
  • At will – aid, bless, detect evil, guidance, imbue with spell ability, neutralize poison, protection from evil, remove disease, resistance, virtue
  • 3/day – heal (DC 31), holy aura (DC 33)
  • 1/day – dispel evil (DC 30), hallow (DC 30), holy smite (DC 29), holy word (DC 32). true resurrection, summon monster IX

Spells
Caster level 12th. Wisdom-based. 6/6/6/5. Save DC 23+ spell level. May prepare spells from the Strength domain.
  • 1st – resurgence (x2), rhino's rush (x3), vision of glory
  • 2nd – aura of glory, divine insight (x2), knight's move, shield other (x2)
  • 3rd – blessed sight, mass resurgence, remove curse, righteous fury (x3)
  • 4th – death ward (x2), dispel chaos (DC 27), restoration, spell immunity

Communication
  • Diplomacy +50, Perform (oratory) +42
  • Speaks Common, Celestial, Old Borchian, Abyssal and Infernal.
  • Communicate with any creature which possesses a language via tongues (Caster Level 14th).
  • Communicate with celestials via telepathy (60 ft.).

Scholarly
History +18, Nobility +33, Religion +33

Horsemanship
Ride +39, Handle Animal +28

Feats
Cleave, Devastating Critical (bastard sword), Divine Might, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword), Great Cleave, Great Smiting, Improved Critical (bastard sword), Mounted Combat, Overwhelming Critical (bastard sword), Power Attack, Ride-by Attack, Spirited Charge, Weapon Focus (bastard sword), Weapon Specialization (bastard sword).

Immortal
Eadric is immortal. He does not age, and does not need to eat, sleep or breathe.

Possessions
Skin of Sarth, Melimpor's Shield, Circlet of Cemdrei, Lukarn, The Left Eye of Palamabron. Keep, estates, mundane items and sundry possessions valued at approximately 500,000 gps.
  • Circlet of Cemdrei: This narrow band grants a +6 enhancement bonus to the wearer's Strength, Dexterity and Wisdom.
  • Lukarn: This weapon is an intelligent +6 keen fiend bane bastard sword (AL LG; Int 14, Wis 25, Cha 26; Empathy, 120 ft. darkvision, blindsense and hearing, Ego 37). The wielder can use a sunburst effect (heightened to 9th-lvel, DC 27) at will (Caster Level 20th). Lukarn understands Celestial and Common and has the special purpose slay chaotic evil creatures; creatures so struck are subject to confusion (DC 27) for 2d6 rounds. (1.5M)
  • Skin of Sarth: This +5 heavy fortification full plate armor grants the wearer damage reduction 10/adamantine. (500K)
  • Melimpor's Shield: Twice reforged by celestial smiths, Melimpor's Shield is a +5 great reflection heavy steel shield (2.25M).
  • The Left Eye of Palamabron: This gem of seeing confers the ability upon its bearer to use discern lies, zone of truth and zone of revelation at will. Spell resistance is ineffective against the Eye of Palamabron and no saving throw is permitted to resist its effects. Caster Level 20th. (Major Artifact; 2M?)

Last edited:

Quartz

Hero
That's 26th level + templates? How about rebuilding him as a Fighter / Knight / Paladin / Divine Crusader? Give him the Strength, Glory, and Healing domains.

I presume he's got +5 Inherent bonus on all stats? No +6 Enhancement to Con?

Remove ads