Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

Quartz

Hero
Nehael? Oh wow! I do find myself concerned that she's too powerful for what we've seen: I'd imagined her as less powerful than Nwm.

A nitpick: where are the feats that grant her the extra spell slots? Doesn't she need 10x Improved Spell Capacity? Or are they covered by the Divine template?

Justin

Explorer
Sep,

Would Nehael's Memory of Pain and Injustice provide protection against Gihaahia's spells when she's at DvR 9? Along those lines, is DvR 9 the limit of how much the Claviger can magnify her? Basically, could Nehael take her out? :)

Justin

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
There's a reference in the SH to how Uedii could swat whole pantheons. The Claviger would be no sweat. (What *is* the Claviger anyway? A being that can add 9 divine ranks to another being must be even more powerful? How was such an entity persuaded to enforce the Injunction?)

Thing is, the Claviger acts to reduce the amount of interlopers into the Green, and (it seems) restrains foreign spellcasters. So there is no urgent reason for Nehael to oppose the Claviger- or the Claviger's infernal agent Gihaahia.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
Hey, just hunted down the Dog Soul forum where some discussion used to be held on this variation of epic stuff, which I was interested in (but unable to really contribute to). Unfortunately it looks like the discussion has died. Does that pretty much represent the current thinking that these characters are based on?

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Sep uses the official rules, but seems to have an intuitive sense of how to put them together to make spells appropriate for his campaign. If someone else tried, they'd likely get garbage. It's like knowing the rules for a sonnet and trying to imitate Shakespeare.

So no, the proposed rewrite of the epic rules is not being used AFAIK. It's too bad that bogged down. But game mechanics is just too dang cumbersome at those levels.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
This thread as started the second day of march in 2002! by a man that is famous for disappearing half a year at a time, and you think it's forgotten because he hasn't posted in 4 day!?

wow just wow.

Remove ads