Early Enrollment for PATHFINDER Online Opens Today!

You can now sign up for early enrollment for Pathfinder Online! For $100 you get three months of play and various early enroller perks; plus you get in before the Open Enrollment starts in 2016 and get to establish settlements and be part of the growing economy. "The River Kingdoms are being crowdforged by the first players in the world. This is a chance to shape the world you will inhabit."

You can now sign up for early enrollment for Pathfinder Online! For $100 you get three months of play and various early enroller perks; plus you get in before the Open Enrollment starts in 2016 and get to establish settlements and be part of the growing economy. "The River Kingdoms are being crowdforged by the first players in the world. This is a chance to shape the world you will inhabit."

button_store_early_de.jpg

Koloth

First Post
I supported this via the KS when it was offered. One thing that was a bit unclear in the KS is that the Early Enrollment in the Beta,(which is what is starting NOW), counts against game time purchased. So, in effect, they are charging folks to Beta test the game. Even logging in to verify the game installed correctly starts the clock on your 1st month of time, according to the Early Enrollment announcement sent out a couple of days ago. Something to consider when deciding on this one.

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
I am so passing on this. Those prices seem very outrageous to me. $1000 to get into the Alpha playtest of it. They do realize we are just gamers right, and not rich?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think most people except the seriously hardcore Pathfinder fans will pass on this. In terms of appealing to the masses, well, it just isn't. In Massively's most anticipated poll for 2015 MMOs it gathered only 0.05% of the votes, finishing dead last. And yes, that's not 5 percent, but half a percent. http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/1...f-2014-awards-most-anticipated-for-2015-and-b

Impressive given that it doesn't launch until 2016! I imagine the mass market hasn't even heard of it yet. I'd assume some advertising will take place in a year or so.

I'm more than a little leery of this. The graphics I can forgive... I play Minecraft and Baldur's Gate, after all. So I'm not looking for high-end graphics as a first consideration.

What makes me leery is the style of it, which seems to be entirely about groups fighting each other, and the way the game handles PVP; in my experiences in the past, full-world PVP has always been a griefer's paradise. And given how small Paizo and Goblinworks are, I don't believe they have anywhere near the staff to properly handle this before it ruins the game's social atmosphere.

And that's assuming it has any real success instead of just flopping or ending up a game played only by a very, very small community. In which case, they may end up not making enough money to keep it afloat even with microtransactions.

Agamon

Adventurer
Yikes, are those videos supposed to make you want to play? I absolutely wouldn't waste my time with it if it was free, and am fairly certain I wouldn't commit to playing for 3 months if they offered to pay me $100.

I'm not interested myself, but I think a number of people will be. It's not your typical MMO. It's aimed at a non MMO crowd. Pathfinder players. People who are into the world of Golarion. It's not pretty, the developer is small and the game needs work and direction. Hence the "crowdforge" / early access bit. It may end up appealing to a larger audience but that, imo, is further down the line. Paizo spun the developer out as a separate company to safeguard Paizo itself (again imo). I'm pretty sure they are in it for the long run though.

Remove ads

Remove ads