• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Early modern Era games (1850-1950), where are they at?

Albert_Fish

First Post
I dont know about you guys but the prospect of Godlike (should be out this week) and Weird Wars (whats the core book and why have i not seen it anywhere?)and Pulp Cthulhu (due out in a month or two) i figure there must be a large and supposedly profitable base out there for period stuff.
Well who is publishing this stuff (aside from Hobgoblynn, Pinnacle,and Chaosium)? Are there any other publishers out there? will Hobgoblynn and Chaosium support their books?
what else should i be looking forward to?
I wanna/gotta/need to know!

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Dungeon Magasine #90 has a good Pulp Heroes d20 game as well in the Polyhedron side of it. If you are into 1890s Gothic Horror, there was a Ravenloft expansion called Masque of the Red Death for AD&D 2E. The RPGA has a conversion site here . If you don't like that conversion, there is also I believe one in the Conversion Library.

zouron

First Post
The Masque of the Red Death is translated to D20 as well, it can be found for free at the Living Death site (the rpga MotRD version is called that). very early example of D20, but I like it :)

mainly based around 1890, really cool.

Voneth

First Post
1868 Califorina falls into the sea and a new fuel, Ghost Rock, is discovered that can power inventions that should remain unkown for another 50 years.

d20 Deadlands has been out for a few months and can be run either as a serious alternate history CoC or as a Grade B zombie/Wild Wild West.

The game comes with:
Loads of stats for cap and ball guns, revolvers and wierd steam punk
Spell point system
Invention rules that are much more flexible than Alchemy/Craft

Last edited:

trancejeremy

Adventurer
The main book for Weird Wars is called "Blood on the Rhine". Hard to find, for some reason. My local store didn't have it, so I tried to order it from an online store. Never heard back from them after several months, so I finally bought one on Ebay (for almost full price, so it's apparently in demand)

chatdemon

First Post
The Sidewinder wild west RPG (by Citizen Games) is due out sometime this month. You can check it out at http://www.citizengames.com/wildwest.htm

This one is more historically accurate than Deadlands, but I think the two will supplement each other nicely, and I'm looking forward to Sidewinder.

Along the lines of more historically accurate RPGs, there is also Adamant Entertainment's Skull & Bones RPG, which, last I heard, is coming out by late Feb or early March. This is another on my list of highly anticipated D20 products, and I urge yall to give it a look, http://adamant.rpg.net/sb/index.html

Voneth

First Post
And in case anyone forgot, WotC is putting out d20 Modern in Oct.

The game is generic, but it will sketch out 4 gameworlds. It is safe to assume one will have a historic bent to it.

Torque

First Post
It's not specifically historical, but we are working on a series of books devoted to mixing magic and industrial age technology. The first book will probably not be out for a few months, but I think it is shaping up very nicely. The link is in my sig.

Remove ads