Earth Dragon arena:Covaithe vs Industrygothica

industrygothica

Adventurer
Ulvein fires off another burst of eldritch energy and winces at the pain coming from nowhere. He then moves to take cover behind one of the columns.

[sblock=DM]Standard action: Dread Star 1d20+8=23, 3d6+6=16, 1d8=4 for a total of 20 radiant damage; Yrnga is immobilized until the end of my next turn; -2 to will defense until the end of the encounter (save ends)
Move: move 4 squares to B12, activate Shadow Walk
Save: 1d20=17
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Yrnga is hit by a burst of light; his legs become numb and his mind obscured. Meanwhile, Ulvein hides behind a pillar.

Yrnga: -23 hps, bloodied, immobilized TENT, -2 will (save ends)
Ulvein: -6 hps, concealment, superior cover

earthdragon.jpg

covaithe

Explorer
Yrnga eyes her treacherous legs. "Hmph. Guess ye'll live ane mair roond, then." She takes a deep breath, mutters a quick prayer, and braces herself for the coming attack.

[sblock=actions]Minor: lay on hands, heals 12
Move: sub for minor, second wind. heals 9, +2 to defenses TSNT
Standard: total defense, +2 to defenses TSNT.

Those are both unnamed bonuses, so I think they should stack.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
The drow moves cautiously closer to the frozen dwarf, not taking for granted the renowned resourcefulness of the species. As he approaches, a cloud of darkness hovers over her.

[sblock=Covaithe]Brilliant defense tactic![/sblock]

[sblock=DM]Minor: Cloud of darkness (Yrnga grants combat advantage)
Standard: Flickering Venom vs. Will 1d20+8=20, 2d8+6=21, 1d8=2 +2 poison damage; total of 25 damage

With the -2 to defense from granting combat advantage, and -2 to Will from Dread Star, this should negate the stacking bonuses from her second wind and total defense.

Move action: Check your email![/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc: Yrnga made his save, no penalty to will defense.

Yrnga again takes the full brunt of an assault to his mind, but the dwarf manages to stay strong. However, he's in a sort of pitch-black pool of darkness, as if he had suddenly become blind.

[sblock=ig]your Stealth check:21. Please note that Flickering venom targets reflex. The attack hits anyway.[/sblock]

Yrnga:-27 hps, bloodied, blinded
Ulvein:-6 hps

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I hate to be a complainer, but I have a couple of comments. First, if I understand correctly, the sand pillars are 10' tall, so I think Ulvein doesn't have LOS or LOE to Yrnga at the start of his turn. He'd have to move before being able to make a ranged attack, meaning Yrnga would see him move and know where he is. Second, Cloud of Darkness is a close burst 1, not a ranged area burst. Yrnga wouldn't be blinded unless Ulvein was adjacent to her when he fired it off. I think Yrnga still gets hit no matter what, but obviously it would be nice to start her turn seeing Ulvein, or at least knowing what square he's in. :)

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:no, you are right to complain if you have any doubts. The thing is, I got confused by the order of actions as posted here. Effectively, at least if I understand it right, this is how it works: lvein moves, and you're right to say that you'd know where: in H13; then he goes cloud of dakness; then he attacks. or did I miss something too?

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: If he does a ranged attack from H13, I think Yrnga gets an OA, even if she's blinded. She takes a -5 to the attack roll, but she'd know what square to attack into.

Remove ads