Earth Dragon arena:Covaithe vs Industrygothica

Atanatotatos

First Post
You are in an ellyptical arena, tall, flat walls enclosing it. The sky has an homogeneous grey-ish colour. The ground is hard, but it is covered by a thin layer of sand. Square pillars about 10 feet tall rise from the ground. In front of you, your opponent. The voice is heard again. You must FIGHT!

earthdragon.jpg

ooc:Ulvein is a lightly-armored drow, and Yrnga is a dwarf in heavy armor and shield, wielding a big sword.

Initiatives please!

industrygothica

Adventurer
You are in an ellyptical arena, tall, flat walls enclosing it. The sky has an homogeneous grey-ish colour. The ground is hard, but it is covered by a thin layer of sand. Square pillars about 10 feet tall rise from the ground. In front of you, your opponent. The voice is heard again. You must FIGHT!

View attachment 39229

ooc:Ulvein is a lightly-armored drow, and Yrnga is a dwarf in heavy armor and shield, wielding a big sword.

Initiatives please!

1d20+6=17

OOC: As an aside, you might save a bit of time if you go ahead and roll initiative in the setup post. Just my opinion.

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:I know. I normally do so in games. But since this is a farly short and two-players-only game I thought that might add to participation and suspance.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Ulvein slides over a few feet and raises his rod. A blast of magical energy races across the arena towards his opponent.

[sblock=DM]Move action: Move to square C16, activate Shadow Walk (Ulvein has concealment)
Minor action: curse opponent
Standard action: Eldritch blast 1d20+8=28

I rolled the curse damage but forgot to roll the blast damage. Doesn't matter in this case since they're both maxed on a crit, so that's 24 points of damage total. Remember Ulvein is using a Vicious Rod, so his curse damage uses d8's instead of d6's.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Yrnga is hit by a blast of pure arcane energy while the Drow half-fades in lingering shadows.

ooc:Crit! doesn't it amaze you that there hasn't been a single miss in the whole game?

Yrnga: -24 hps, bloodied
Ulvein: concealed

earthdragon.jpg

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Now that you've said that, watch, here comes a miss.

Yrnga spits blood onto the sand. "Damn mages. I'm gonna squish you." She pulls herself together with a quiet word and advances, brandishing a shining holy symbol. A blinding light flares, but the effect is mostly show.

[sblock=actions]Free: dwarven armor, heals 9.
Minor: Lay on Hands, heals 12
Move: to H12
Standard: On Pain of Death, natural 1. Damn you, Ata! ;) Still does 5 damage and 1d4 the first time he makes an attack against me each turn (save ends). [/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
The dwarf seems quite relieved and moves closer to Ulvein, that instead feels a weird sense of menace telling him not to attack...

ooc:heck! cov your bad luck reminds me mine! o_O

Yrnga: -3 hps
Ulvein:-5 hps; he suffers 1d4 dmg after the first attack he makes vs Yrnga each turn (save ends)

earthdragon.jpg

Remove ads