D&D General Eberron Invades The Realms!

aco175

Legend
I somehow remember this movie, was it Drizzt X or Drizzt in Space.
1660131704570.png

Eberron has the mourning and ancient dragons that control time and space as well as a literal monster empire. Let's not pretend that its theme of wide magic doesn't mean there aren't literal world-enders walking around, or that they can't figure out how to make an orbital barrage of meteor swarm.
None of which are easy to utilise. No one knows how the mourning happened or how to utilise it. Argonnessan isn't one of the nations in Khorvaire, and while it could probably give the FR a run for its money in sheer power, it actively avoids expanding its influence by conquest.

There is also a fairly massive power differential between people in the two settings. In Eberron PC classes are very rare, and most powerful characters are limited in some way. Even if you ignore the goddess-boffing epic-level author avatars and other plot-armoured characters that decades of novels have created, in FR close to every second innkeeper is a high-level ex-adventurer.

Negflar2099

Explorer
Appreciate the interesting discussion on this! It sounds like most people think the realms would either put up a near impossible to beat defense or would wipe the floor with Eberron. That's sort of what I was thinking, although I did forget how many spelljamming ships FR seems to have.

I feel either way it could still make an interesting background scenario for a game. Just because the nations of Eberron don't have a chance doesn't mean they wouldn't try it, and seeing armies of undead and warforged rampaging through the realms seems like a fun idea to me. It's just in the end no what effect the PCs have Eberron would most likely be biting off more than they can chew.

That's fine with me. I sort of like the idea of FR putting up an Avengers assemble sort of defense against a vast army. Of course there's always the possibility of both being invaded by a third, even stronger force. Given the descriptions of both sides it would have to be a major force. I forget sometimes how many powerful characters are running around the realms at any given moment.

Anyway thank you all for the replies.

MarkB

Legend
I feel like it works as a thought experiment more than an actual campaign concept. The Five Nations are just coming out of a massive century-long war that ended inconclusively, and they all have adjacent neutral territories on their own borders that they've either not tried to conquer, or tried and failed. They're not going to suddenly become buddies with each other, nor are they going to be universally motivated to throw all their forces into a cross-planar war of conquest.

A possibility that might work is if it's not a conquest, but an exodus. If the whole of Khorvaire - even the whole of Eberron - was threatened with a calamity, and the Dragonmarked Houses came up with the concept of spelljamming ships and started cranking them out en masse, then they crammed in everyone they possibly could and blind-navigated the entire fleet to the first material plane they could find, which happened to be Faerun.... then you might have a scenario.

Remove ads