• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron...is it worth picking -up?

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Frostmarrow said:
I can't stomach the Warforged. Luckily I don't have one in the party. Still, they are too important to be edited out. The setting need the warforged and vice versa. So, I allow them. My group has a shipmate called Mute who is warforged who's only function is to guard the airship whilst the party leaves. I try to belittle them, I know. My players are joking about joining the organized warforged haters of of Eberron. Heh.

I like the warforged. I think it's cool to have an artificial servitor race gaining freedom and wrestle with such questions as: "Who am I?" "What is my purpose in life?", and so on. They might imitate human society in an attempt to figure out their own identity, but they don't have many of the needs of humans. They don't eat, don't sleep, don't procreate... so what is it that they are supposed to do?

And the question: "Where do the souls of warforged come from?" gives so many plot possibilities that it is hard to ignore...

Elemental

Explorer
jameswilliamogle said:
Artificer & Warforged: A bit too powerful, imo. Reasons are numerous (and probably around these boards, too). I think Living Constructs should either be more living, or more construct. Artificers kill all when they get metamagic item infusion.

The easy solution to that is to quickly houserule that only one "free" metamagic effect can be applied to an item by the class feature or Metamagic Item infusion (that's the way it works anyway by some readings, and is certainly how the identically named feat from Complete Mage works).

I really like the artificer, and it's kind of sad they've got a reputation for being broken because of one poorly worded and easily abusable ability.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Yeah. Metamagic spell trigger and metamagic spell completion do not explicitly state that you can use multiple metamagic feats at a time, and the wording - while not explicit - suggests that you cannot, since it refers to choice between multiple feats as "or", not "and".

It's terribly mistaken to dismiss the artificer because of a misguided interpretation of a perfectly reasonable ability.

Last edited:

Glyfair

Explorer
Nightchilde-2 said:
My first Eberron campaign ended with a battle on top of a moving Lightning Rail, as the PCs dropped down from an airship above.

There is a long thread on the official forums on running a Firefly themed Eberron campaign in Eberron. There are lots of options for ways to bring themes from the series into Eberron.

(I mention this because this scene reminds me of the first broadcast episode of Firefly)

hopeless

Adventurer
sanishiver said:
We started a thread called It’s so freaking fun to game in Eberron! over at WotC's Eberron boards if anyone would like to read some more excellent tales of Eberron-style adventuring.

Might help the OP for ideas on DMing as well.

...and of course share your stories there if you like!

:cool:

Thank you very much!
Can never get enough of Firefly OR Eberron alas I'm not fan however of too much magic though...

shilsen

Adventurer
hopeless said:
Thank you very much!
Can never get enough of Firefly OR Eberron alas I'm not fan however of too much magic though...
Then Eberron should be fairly good for you. As some poster here said, Eberron is wide-magic. Lots of low-level magic and very little high level magic.

Glyfair

Explorer
shilsen said:
Then Eberron should be fairly good for you. As some poster here said, Eberron is wide-magic. Lots of low-level magic and very little high level magic.

Yeah, that's one of the most widespread misconceptions about Eberron. It's about widespread low level magic. High level magic is much rarer than your typical campaign.

Sure, some of the people don't like widespread magic and they should probably stay away. The ones that worry about common powerful magic should check it out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads