• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] Raider's of Xen'Drik

Tor L'Tha

First Post
X, Barbarian, Search +0/Spot +2/Listen +0, Flatfooted AC 18

Seeing there's no danger X returns to his post beside the mast glad he did not need to fight the odd and wet creatures.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
'Got the right dragonmark for what we need... just wasn't blessed with the right power out of it. We need a cloud of fog to sneak away from people, I'm your guy... but a blast of wind to get these ships moving? We're out of luck I'm afraid. Too bad the Cap didn't hire on more members of House Lysander, rather than all these moveable garbage cans, eh? Heh heh...'

Out of the corner of his eye, Rezzin catches LT looking at him. Were it possible, you swear he just narrowed his eyes.

Mortachi wanders the decks in search of someone to talk to.
* Plate & X are by the mast.
* LT is near the pilot's house, Dodger is in the Crow's Nest, Glass is on the poop deck, and Jher is at the bow.
* The felinoid is lounging in a jury-rigged hammock about 1/2 way up the 2nd mast.
* The captain is in the pilot house chatting with, oddly enough, the pilot.
* A couple random sailor's are swapping the decks and another is hanging off the side checking the anchor chain and scraping barnacles off the hull.
* The rest are either below decks in the galley or in the hold sleeping.

In the distance, the Kaarnathi vessal can be seen, little more than a pin-prick on the horizon. A passing sailor mentions that it no longer has any sails.

Twice during the day someone spots a few sharks and a lone sahuagin swimming nearby.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Mortachi Human Cleric

Mortachi will go to the pilot house and try to join the conversation. He will ask about the Karrnathii ship. He will let the captain know that he has more than a little experience with Karnnathii tactics and undead. If he can be of any assistance he is happy to serve.

Xael

First Post
Xarut, Elf Wizard 2, Search +5, Spot +5, Listen +5, Flatfooted AC 10

Xarut is pleased when the Sahuagin threat is ended peacefully. He'd prefer not to have to fight and/or kill every new interesting species he comes across. He spends the following days mostly doing nothing of importance, and ponders the possibility of developing a permanent magical wind attached to ships...

G

Guest 11456

Plate, Warforged Fighter 3 : Search -1, Spot -2, Listen -2; FF AC 18

As the threat of sahuagin is brought to her attention, she turns to face the starboard side instead of fore as she has been doing most of the trip. She does not act but rather waits for further reports. Once all is settled, she turns back toward the fore and stands her ground once more.

Erekose13

Explorer
Groswen Anamne, gnome akashic 3, search +11, spot +1, listen +8, ff AC 14

Groswen gets up from her perch in the Captains quarters and follows him out on deck to see how he deals with the Sahuagin. The exchange will make quite an entry in her journal, though she is not sure that it will be news worthy. Perhaps if she could have spoken with the strange sea creature... but that is a story for another time. Amused when she hears of the Karnathi ship's bad luck, she makes light of it to one of the random crew. "Never did like those Karnathi, too stuffy for me." During the calm period she finds herself more able to enjoy seafaring, what with the earth not moving beneath her. She spends more time on deck talking to the crew and the other members of her expedition. One of these days she will start her interviews with the Clockwork 10 crew, really she will.

Rik, Changeling Rogue/Sorcerer

Rik quietly listened to the others talking of Sahuagin, watching with interest if anything was going to occur. When nothing happened, he did not find himself disappointed, instead even more interested in those he traveled with. Especially considering the game of cards in front of him.

He entertains himself with more such games through the next few days, still staying quiet as he learns more about his companions. Though he had known them all in one way or another, he was finding that it was best to observe them as they were now...especially considering where they were going.

Eventually, he wanders back on deck, for the first time taking special interest in the many warforged. To none of them in particular, he says, "Such interesting creatures...I sometimes wonder if I see more than just emptiness within those eyes. How much more are you than walking metal?"

Of course, most of his interest in them is because of his inability to mimic their form with any kind of confidence. Metal creates such problems...

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes Shifter Barbarian 2, Search+1, Spot-1, Listen+5 - Flat-Footed: 14

Lobo Lurker said:
"Belay those weapons!" shouts the captain. "We don't know what they're about yet" He walks cautiously up to the rail and surreptitiously leans over it. He begins speaking in some watery, guttural language. From the tones, it seems to be a question.

Wait, what? I thought we were being attacked. By the love of..... Will this boredom never cease and now to be tuck in this wretched sea again with no wind to move us along. I would be happy to be sick once more as long as we are moving. I think to pass the time I might have some fun and attempt to shoot the sharks out of the water and see if I can avoid having to eat this, this, I don't know what this is that we are eating. I do so hope we make land soon as otherwise I might go insane and god knows what I will do then.

Attempting to tie one of my ropes to my arrow and see if I can pull in a shark for the cook to eat.

Use Rope=5

Hunting Shark Bow Shot=22

Lobo Lurker

First Post
OOC: FYI, no one is allowed within the Captain's quarters. He himself does not sleep there. Your game of cards took place elsewhere say, the galley.

Hobbes makes a knot and fires his arrow into the water, spearing a shark. The shark pulls away as it feels the arrow, he will now have to haul it out of the water (opposed strength check (1d20+1+4=18) Note: I assigned a +4 bonus to the Str check to the shark because it's hard to yank things out of the water if they're beneath the surface).

tyrlaan

Explorer
Takis - Druid 2, Search +2, Spot +8, Listen +8, Flatfooted AC 17

Since the weather has been nice, Takis spends the majority of his time on deck, taking in the interesting vistas of the open waters. He doesn't make any effort to approach others for conversation, but has no problem speaking with anyone who approaches him.

With the break in the weather, Faulk resumes his work as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads