Eberron: The Plumbers OOC

Korra never needed to go here. And hasn't got enough money for a healing potion. We haven't been paid much yet. (or it hasn't been distributed that I'm aware of.)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Just an FYI. I am one of those rare 5e GMs that actually take the cover rules into account, so there is a +2 AC bonus for most because of fighting in a doorway. Korra has clear attacks on the shifter, but there is the cover bonus for everything else, whether from attacking around a hard corner (not directly in the door for the worg) or Korra in the way (for Rotom’s crossbow shot). This also counts for attacks from the baddies, though. You will have +2 AC from worg attacks for the hard corner. The cover rules are the entire reason that fighters and rangers get +2 on attacks for Archery Fighting Style, so they are overpowered if GMs don’t take cover into account. It also forces characters to move around to get clear shots. I play my characters this way (spellcasters choosing save spells vs. attack spells if party members are in the way, etc), even when I notice the GM isn't taking cover into account.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Guys, are we sure about leaving this door unattended behind us? If Garra's in that room, he can just take off running in the other direction and find another way out of the city while we're down on the platform. I mean, he can't miss the fact that we just barbecued his minions. Should Alara maybe call after people and get them back? Or, at player level, are we agreed we should head on to the platform?

Remove ads