D&D 5E Eberron versus Multiverse

One has to remember that in 1e, dragons weren't actually that big. The DL dragons were the biggest they got under that ruleset.

But, you had dragons wiping out entire nations - how is that not special? One green dragon wipes out the largest elven nation in the land. Pretty special if you ask me.
Yes but pretty sure that was later on, when did that Green Dragon get introduced. FR actually introduced the Dragon Types older than ancient into the ruleset.

Hussar

Legend
Yes but pretty sure that was later on, when did that Green Dragon get introduced. FR actually introduced the Dragon Types older than ancient into the ruleset.

Green Dragons were in the first printing Monster Manual, so, ... oh, wait, just reread what you said.

That Green Dragon was part of the original War of that Lance series, DL 9? 10? I'm working from memory here, so, whichever it was. So, yeah, it predates Forgotten Realms. DL 10 (just looked it up - 1985) And Dragons of Winter Night (1985) details the story as well.

As I recall, the Wyrm and older forms of dragons was introduced in 2e with the first Monstrous Compendium - the loose leaf stuff. Bumping up the dragons was a big deal for 2e. I don't recall anything in 1e about Forgotten Realms having new dragon age types.

As I recall, the Wyrm and older forms of dragons was introduced in 2e with the first Monstrous Compendium - the loose leaf stuff. Bumping up the dragons was a big deal for 2e. I don't recall anything in 1e about Forgotten Realms having new dragon age types.

The grey box had a whole chunk on Dragons to buff them up. the FR buffs to Dragons just became the standard when 2e came around.

Remove ads