1E EB's Adventuring in the Days of Yore - Tyranny of Dragons - IC

Khraos

Villager
"Unfortunately, I do not have any ranged weaponry, unless you want me to throw my sword or dagger. Or perhaps my shield. I have heard stories of a legendary captain who fought battles with only a shield. His luck was so that his shield often riquoched off his enemies and returned to him."
 

Khraos

Villager
Alas, I spent my time stabbing things with spears and not throwing them. I do not think I would throw your javelin any better than yourself. Might as well keep it. Perhaps, in this smoke we could approach if we had some disguises?
 
Last edited:

EarlyBird

Villager
"<snip<... What we still need is a distraction for the main group of brigands because once they see the whole in the fence I suspect they'll figure out we're headed for the keep."
OOC: The kobolds tried to burn up the green garden and all they got was a bunch of smoke. As you remove the first two boards you notice the smoke will hide the hole. Someone will need to stay by it to guide anyone leaving the church to it.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
OOC: The plan is to only send one person inside the church to lead them all out. The rest of us will be guarding the fence hole.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
*WHAM* *CRUNCH*

The battering ram must be finished because the cultist just started using it on the front doors of the chapel.

"Now or never,"
comments the dark elf as he then starts a magical incantation. He releases the spell and everyone holds their breath to see how it works. With a smug smile Xull'vian rubs is hands together. "Got'em all."

Indeed all the kobolds and the two human cultist lay down right were they stood and are soon fast asleep.

OOC:
Door takes [roll0] dmg, 24/30 HP
Sleep effects [roll1] targets
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
OOC: So did they all drop? Assuming they did...


"Filmark, get going," Tina says as she continues removing planks. "Who's going with him?"
 

Leif

Adventurer
Sebastian Tenpennies, Gnome Illusionist 1 /Assassin 1

"What should I do to help?" says Sebastian in a stage whisper.


[sblock=Sebastian's Character Sheet]
Name: Sebastian TenPennies
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race: Gnome
Effective Class: Illusionist/Assassin-1/1
Former Profession: no skill
Height: 3'-7"
Weight: 48#
Eyes: Golden
Hair: White
Age: 76
Surprise: 1 in 6
Movement: 12"
Initiative: +1
AC: 5 (8 base from Leather, -2 from DEX, -1 from Shield)
Hit Points: 05/05
Strength:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Charisma:
Comeliness:
14
16
10
16
15
11
06
Weight Allowed: +200 Open Door: 1-2 BB/LG: 4%
Additional Languages: special due to race
Magic Saves Adj: none
Reaction/Missile Adj: +1 AC Bonus: -2
HP Adj: +1 System Shock Survival: 91% Resurrection Survival: 94%
Max # Henchmen: 4 Loyalty Adj: normal Reaction Adj: normal
SAVING
THROWS

Illusionist-1
Paralyzation, Poison
& Death Magic

14
Petrification
& Polymorph

13
Rod, Staff
& Wand

11
Breath
Weapon

15

Spells

12
Armor Class
Assassin-1
10
11
9
12
8
13
7
14
6
15
5
16
4
17
3
18
2
19
1
20
0
20
-1
20
-2
20
-3
20
-4
20
-5
21
-6
22
-7
23
-8
24
-9
25
-10
26

Weapon

Scimitar
Dagger
Lasso
To Hit
Bonus

+0
+0
+1
Damage Vs
Small/Medium

1d8
1d4
none
Damage
Vs Large

1d8
1d3
none
Range
S/M/L

none
1/2/3
1/2/3
Attacks
per Round

1/1
1/1
1/2
Features
Languages Spoken: Common, Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf, Kobold, Halfling, Hobgoblin, Elf, may speak with small burrowing mammals
Illusionist/Assassin
Level: 1/1 XP Earned: (I)330/2,250-(A)250/1,500 XP Bonus: +10% (Illusionist only)
# of Weapon Proficiencies: 3; Non-Proficiency Penalty: -2; Next Proficiency: Assassin Level 5
Weapon Proficiencies: scimitar, dagger, lasso​

Spells Prepared
Level One: Phantasmal Force

Equipment
Leather
Shield, small wooden
Scimitar
Dagger w/scabbard
Lasso (x2)
Gloves of Magic Missiles
boots, low hard
pouch, belt small
2 doses Assassin's Blood (Type A poison)
backpack
traveling spellbook (belonged to Sebastian's brother)
1st: read illusionist magic, phantasmal force, audible glamer, detect illusion
2nd: invisibility, alter self, detect magic
3rd: paralyzation, suggestion, fear
candles, wax (x5)
flint&steel
rations, iron (1 week)
waterskin
bedroll

Treasure:
GP: 13
SP: 00
CP: 00

History
Sebastian Tenpennies and his family were members of the Cult of the Dragon, until our rivals in the cult arranged to wipe all of us out. Attacked during a magical experiment, all of my family was slaughtered and I alone survived, but the Cult of the Dragon believes me to be dead also. Although I survived, I was changed and scarred by the magical backlash, and I want revenge! My hit list consists of three names: a human cultist named Frulam Mondath, a half-orc named Bog Luck, and a half-dragon named Rezmir. I have now infiltrated a small group of cultists, who linked up with the main assault force set to attack Greenest.


View attachment 97224
[/sblock]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Go down to the end of the fence (toward the castle) and keep look out. Let us know immediately if an brigands are coming around the corner toward us here behind the fence." Tina suggests. "That is a bit far away so make sure you stay out of sight. And as soon as we start running for the castle, you start running too."

OOC: Tina is pointing to the left edge of the fence based on the last image of the site posted.
 

Leif

Adventurer
Sebastian Tenpennies, Gnome Illusionist 1 /Assassin 1

"That's bloody crazy! Why don't you just kill me yourselves now and save time?? There's no way I'm going out there by myself to see what dangers lurk there. And if I see enemies, you want me to stand up and shout, 'Yoo-hoo, here come the bad guys!' That is sure to add decades to my life-expectancy. Thanks, but no thanks."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Or they never come around that corner and you are way over there when they come through this hole and kill us standing right here. I did not ask you to accompany Filmark into the compound full of enemies. That's a lot more dangerous isn't it?

"And in case you haven't noticed, we are all probably about to die," Tina says as she continues to enlarge the hole in the fence. "The only question is if the creatures that kill us do so by walking through this hole I'm making or they circle around the fence and find us making the hole. Now, if you are not going to act as look out for that second possibility, then just stand there and wait for them to arrive so we can all die together. Or you can just run back to the castle and hide. Or you can help Filmark. I don't care what you choose. But choose quickly so perhaps if you aren't going to act as look out, someone else might do so." She looks at the others who haven't figured out what they are doing to see if they will say what they wish to do. To herself, she just thinks, "Or the tall enemies just hop the fence. But hopefully they see the hole and head for it."
 

TallIan

Explorer
Willaim

William looks Sebastian up and down, "Would you like someone to go with you? under his breath he mutters, and hold you hand. Louder he adds "If we see anything, all we have to do is run back this way."
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rumdum says, "I can back someone up with my sling or hide and act as a lookout. Do you want me with Filmark or going down to the end of the fence and acting as the lookout?"
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Either go lookout or stay here," Tina says. "I think the fewer people we send inside the fence the less likely we are noticed."

OOC: How far is the western end of the fence? 50 feet? Longer?
 

Khraos

Villager
Filmark quickly hurries toward the church, running as quietly as he possibly can. As he approaches the sleeping enemies, he draws his sword and quickly dispatches them before knocking on the backdoor of the church and calling out to those inside "People of Greenest, it is I, Filmark! Guardsman of Lord Nighthill Let me in!". He hopes the noise of the battering ram hides his voices from the bandits up front but still does not shout very loudly. He looks around quickly for any other routes into the church but stays near the back door, occasionally repeating his knocking and announcing.

OOC: In case it is needed, here is my roll for any stealth. Hopefully, it is not needed due to the smoke, loud battering ram, and sleep spell.

_: 1D20 = [5] = 5
 

hero4hire

Villager
Tyrial ran over to the sleeping bodies of the enemies and began the process of carefully dragging them out of sight.
 

Leif

Adventurer
Sebastian Tenpennies, Gnome Illusionist 1 /Assassin 1

"Or they never come around that corner and you are way over there when they come through this hole and kill us standing right here. I did not ask you to accompany Filmark into the compound full of enemies. That's a lot more dangerous isn't it?

"And in case you haven't noticed, we are all probably about to die," Tina says as she continues to enlarge the hole in the fence. "The only question is if the creatures that kill us do so by walking through this hole I'm making or they circle around the fence and find us making the hole. Now, if you are not going to act as look out for that second possibility, then just stand there and wait for them to arrive so we can all die together. Or you can just run back to the castle and hide. Or you can help Filmark. I don't care what you choose. But choose quickly so perhaps if you aren't going to act as look out, someone else might do so." She looks at the others who haven't figured out what they are doing to see if they will say what they wish to do. To herself, she just thinks, "Or the tall enemies just hop the fence. But hopefully they see the hole and head for it."
"Jiminy Cricket Crap! What the devil, I'll do as you ask and we'll all die together."
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Tina pulls another board free. "That's the spirit," she says. "I hope they get into that church soon. Can any one see the patrol? I hope they're still on the side of the church."
 

Advertisement

Top