EB's Adventuring in the Days of Yore - Tyranny of Dragons - IC

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rumdum sighs and says, "Well, that was way more fun than I ever want to see again. I hope that's the last time we have to do something violent on this trip... but that's never the way it goes, is it? Alright, let me take point again, and hopefully this time I'll see danger before it literally bites me on the ass."

EarlyBird

Explorer
The Great Rat Wars won by our heroes they continue down the rest of the tunnel unhampered. It leads to an iron gate blocking the exit. Outside in the moonlight you see the creek that runs down the length of Greenest, but cannot see any buildings die to the trees along the high banks.

Listening you can hear the cries of bandits and the roar of the dragon.

The gate is locked and more than a bit rusty. The key you were given doesn't work in the ill maintained lock of the gate.

OOC: Rumdum can try his luck first, he has a 30% chance to get it. If he fails we get to try the old Bend Bars/Lift Gates roll.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Bend Bars/Lift Gate
William [roll0]
Filmark [roll1]
Tyrial [roll2]
Rumdum [roll3]

The group spends the next fifteen minutes trying to loosen the bars and slip through the gate, to no avail. Even Rumdum can't get through the slight opening created.

Looking around the gate could probably be taken down, but then it would leave the tunnel exposed to any kobolds or cultists in the area.

OOC: If you have a hammer you could break the hinges, or if you have a rope you could as a group pull the gate off the entrance way. Anyway you go the tunnel won't have anything to seal it off anymore.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rumdum searches the passageway for any secret doors or entrances. As the tunnel is older, maybe there was something here previously missed.

[roll0]

OOC: So much for that... what about breaking the lock? We can always try to spike the door from this side later.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The group spends the next ten minutes hammering at the rusted lock, until finally the gate swings free. Exiting the tunnel they find a rock to keep the gate from swinging wide and giving the appearance that it is shut.

Looking about they catch their bearings and then the bushes start to rustle.

OOC: Surprise roll [roll0]

[sblock=Map]
OT_rd_1.jpg[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
Group is Surprised>

Two human cultists and a group of kobolds ambush the group at the tunnel exit. A cultist shots a crossbow at Tina and two of the kobolds launch spears at Tyrial and William. The rest are armed for melee and yip and yap as they thump their shields with their short blades.

Most of the missile weapons get caught up in the brush not even getting close to their intended targets.

OOC:
Tina [roll0]
Tyrial [roll1]
William [roll2]

Time to list actions please.

Remove ads