EB's Adventuring in the Days of Yore - Tyranny of Dragons - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
Round 2:

Working her way up the ladder as another volley of arrows shots out across the courtyard at the creature failing to hurt the beast, but really annoying it. Tina reaches the parapet and perhaps salvation as she sees a weapons rack with two spears, two longbows, and an extra quiver of arrows leaning against the battlements.

Tyrial has to take the long way around to reach the upper levels, and then has to dodge bowman along the wall as he makes his way towards the dragon. He hopes to reach it before it can do to much more damage. (in two rounds)

Sebastian waits and wonders why the creature is just standing perched atop the tower making itself target practice. (Gut Check: Roll a Wisdom check plz)

Rumdum winds up and aims for an eye. (Go ahead and roll for an attack this round.)

William and Filmark wonder what they should do exactly. Will the keep fall or can it hold off the attack of a dragon? (Help the men clear the secret door? or leave it sealed and hidden?)

The dragon has a glint of mirth in its eye as it knows its fear is still effecting the remaining bowmen somewhat. It casts about for a good target, its head snaking to and fro in serpentine movements.

OOC: Round 3 coming up: Please list your actions

Leif

Adventurer
Sebastian's wisdom check [wisdom=10]:
[roll0]

[sblock=Sebastian's Character Sheet]
Name: Sebastian TenPennies
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race: Gnome
Effective Class: Illusionist/Assassin-1/1
Former Profession: no skill
Height: 3'-7"
Weight: 48#
Eyes: Golden
Hair: White
Surprise: 1 in 6
Movement: 12"
Initiative: +1
AC: 5 (8 base from Leather, -2 from DEX, -1 from Shield)
Hit Points: 05/05
Strength:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Charisma:
Comeliness:
Weight Allowed: +200 Open Door: 1-2 BB/LG: 4%
Additional Languages: special due to race
Magic Saves Adj: none
Reaction/Missile Adj: +1 AC Bonus: -2
HP Adj: +1 System Shock Survival: 91% Resurrection Survival: 94%
Max # Henchmen: 4 Loyalty Adj: normal Reaction Adj: normal
SAVING
THROWS

Illusionist-1
Paralyzation, Poison
& Death Magic

Petrification
& Polymorph

Rod, Staff
& Wand

Breath
Weapon

Spells

Armor Class
Assassin-1

Weapon

Scimitar
Dagger
Lasso
To Hit
Bonus

+0
+0
+1
Damage Vs
Small/Medium

1d8
1d4
none
Damage
Vs Large

1d8
1d3
none
Range
S/M/L

none
1/2/3
1/2/3
Attacks
per Round

1/1
1/1
1/2
Features
Languages Spoken: Common, Gnome, Goblin, Dwarf, Kobold, Halfling, Hobgoblin, Elf, may speak with small burrowing mammals
Illusionist/Assassin
Level: 1/1 XP Earned: (I)330/2,250-(A)250/1,500 XP Bonus: +10% (Illusionist only)
# of Weapon Proficiencies: 3; Non-Proficiency Penalty: -2; Next Proficiency: Assassin Level 5
Weapon Proficiencies: scimitar, dagger, lasso​

Spells Prepared
Level One: Phantasmal Force

Equipment
Leather
Shield, small wooden
Scimitar
Dagger w/scabbard
Lasso (x2)
Gloves of Magic Missiles
boots, low hard
pouch, belt small
2 doses Assassin's Blood (Type A poison)
backpack
traveling spellbook (belonged to Sebastian's brother)
1st: read illusionist magic, phantasmal force, audible glamer, detect illusion
2nd: invisibility, alter self, detect magic
3rd: paralyzation, suggestion, fear
candles, wax (x5)
flint&steel
rations, iron (1 week)
waterskin
bedroll

Treasure:
GP: 13
SP: 00
CP: 00

History
Sebastian Tenpennies and his family were members of the Cult of the Dragon, until our rivals in the cult arranged to wipe all of us out. Attacked during a magical experiment, all of my family was slaughtered and I alone survived, but the Cult of the Dragon believes me to be dead also. Although I survived, I was changed and scarred by the magical backlash, and I want revenge! My hit list consists of three names: a human cultist named Frulam Mondath, a half-orc named Bog Luck, and a half-dragon named Rezmir. I have now infiltrated a small group of cultists, who linked up with the main assault force set to attack Greenest.

View attachment 97224
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
Round 3:

Tina finally "turns the corner" and is facing straight towards the dragon, just a short jaunt across the parapet and up some steps and she will be able to confront the beast. Her nostrils are assaulted by the smell of burnt flesh and scorched metal and clothing. Near her are the men who were brought low by the dragon's breath weapon. The carcasses still smoldering from the burst of lighting that struck them.

Tyrial sees that Tina will soon be engaged with the beast, but he still has a ways to go before he can assist her.

Sebastian flips his dagger as he watches the strange actions of the dragon. He was once a cultist and he knew that dragons didn't do the own dirty work, get their claws dirty so to speak. So what was this dragon, obviously powerful enough to cast spells, up to? He knows something is wrong, but can't put his finger on it at the moment.

Filmark and William wait in the storage room with the others. They can hear the sounds of the dragons roar and the dwarf Escobert yelling for his men to shoot. Inside their bellies the fear is tight and they continue to fight it, although it is currently winning the contest of wills.

Rumdum whips his sling quickly over his head. The creature is so massive he has little hope the little pebble will do anything against it. The dragon turns its head towards Tina as she approaches with her large blade drawn. The halfling lets the stone go and it arcs just right to strike the dragon on the side of the head.

And he was right, the thief notices the stone only annoyed the dragon and turned its gaze towards him. It has a wicked grin on its face, like a large cat spying a mouse to pounce on. And then its head rocks back in a roar of pain as one arrow from the guardsmen penetrates the thick scaly hide.

"HUZZAH!"

A cheer comes from the men as the beast is finally dealt a great wound.

[sblock=OOC]
Round 4 to begin.
Tina can charge and attack this turn if she wishes.
Tyrial will be where she is now next round.
Sebastian - dragon probably isn't going to come within range (good news it can't attack you)
Filmark and William - fighting off their fear
Rumdum - good roll but you had a -7 due to range and weapon vs AC - slings not very good vs heavily armored creatures you need a nat 20 sorry

Please post your rolls
Damage to dragon [roll0][/sblock]

OOC: Now things get spicy

Tina charges forward sword held low hoping to pierce the beast's hide.

OOC: AC 6
To Hit: [roll0]
Forgot to roll damage. Not that it matters. I don't think hitting AC 9 was good enough.

It's been fun, guys.

hero4hire

Explorer
Tyrial began to feel as if he were in a dream...the one where you are going down a long hall, but the passage before you began to stretch out and you seemed to make no progress. It did not help that he was probably rushing towards impending doom. Still the Cleric continued on, his legs churning as fast as they could carry him.

OOC: Still running

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rumdum mutters to himself as he runs forward "Suicide... we're all just engaging in suicide..." He hops over debris and keeps close to cover in case he needs to dive for protection.

OOC: Spending round rushing forward to close gap.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases