D&D 5E EB's Curse of Strahd IC (Year One)

EarlyBird

Explorer
It would not be difficult to remove the dried up timbers that cover the door to the home.

OOC: If the majority agrees to enter the house I post ahead to the group reaching the attic.

hero4hire

Explorer
After a few long moments of consideration, Digger moved forward and bean prying off boards with his spade to gin entry to the delapidated building.

EarlyBird

Explorer
The large living space you enter smells of mildew and old smoke. To the right of the front door is a small sitting area, to the left is a small table with two chairs and a large fireplace with only old coals turned to ash in it. At the back wall is a staircase that leads up to the second floor.

The boarded up windows leave in no light, but Halo provides a warm yellow glow to light the staircase. It creaks as you ascend, but the sobbing doesn't change a beat as whomever it is can't hear you over their own moans of heartache.

The steps lead to a huge open area that looks to be a master suite with curtained bed on a dais, a changing area walled of by a movable divider, and a copper tub in the corner near another cold fireplace. The bed is made up and a vanity next to it has a brush, comb, and powder box sitting on it each clean and neat. The sobbing comes from the attic, whose door stands partially open letting the now apparent female crying issue forth clearly.

Digger leads the way followed by Halo and Irena. Josiah has taken his rear guard seriously making sure there is always a place for Tilly to hide should things go south. Now he waits at the base of the steps for the others to call him up if he is needed.

At the top of the steps a tray lies where it fell, the wooden bowl and the soup within that it held also lay scatter on the floor. There is a small stand and cot against on of the walls and in the center of the room kneeling on the floor a woman cries, and rocks back and forth clutching something to her chest.

*creak*

The floor board creaks loudly and the woman turns, a bit of hope touching her eyes, but just as fast it is gone.

Mad Mary.jpg "Gertruda is tha.." she starts to say. Then gasp and clutches the doll in her hands closer to her chest. "Who are you? Have you seen my daughter? Do you know where she is?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
"It's allright, Love," Halo says, easing past the big man. She turns to Irena and offers a look of desperation; smashing metal with a large hammer was her strong suit--dealing with sobbing old ladies wasn't. "I'm Halorafin, but you can call me Halo. You wanna tell us about your daughter?"

OOC: Dear lord, don't ask any of us for a charisma check...

tglassy

Adventurer
Josiah stayed below with Tilly. Ever since entering town, he hadn’t taken his hand off his pistol. Even now, he looked around, trying to find another exit besides the front door. He didn’t like this place. It smelled of evil intent. Of dark, supernatural evil. The type he had hunted. The type he has become.

“What’s wrong, Daddy?” Tilly asked.

“I don’t like it here,” he said. “Town’s too quiet. Where are all the people?”

Tilly looked down, in thought. “This don’t seem like a happy place.”

He looked at her and nodded. That was as good a way to put it as any.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

hero4hire

Explorer
Digger's eyes narrowed at the grieving woman and then looked around at the abode and how decrepit it looked. Long abandoned...His eyes rested on her again with suspicion.
OOC: GM please roll for me. Digger is trying to ascertain if she is undead. Digger gets advantage on rolls to detect undead.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

Remove ads