D&D 5E EB's One Shot - Irongrad (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Is the iron chest small enough to put in my backpack? In that case Ssz'irac will take it with him before moving on to the sarcophagus.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: No the chest is to deep to fit into a back pack, unless the pack were totally empty. About 2'wide x 3'high, so that when it is on the table the top is right about shoulder level.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Bilkar finds that the most recent entry in the journal is about his new pack.

"Those magic thieves at the fountain will pay. Oh yes pay they will. If I can't find them then the curse will take them, just as it has taken me. Damn Iyarim, he's notes said that the bestow remembrance spell was here, buried close to him they said. Well he wasn't even buried just sitting in an old throne like some long ago king. HA! He was never a wizard-king, and even in my condition I am more powerful than he ever was.

I must rest, rest and get the power to teleport back to Arabel. Then those thieve will pay. I'll find them and they'll pay."

Ssz'irac's attention is torn between both areas that could hold a great treasure and he doesn't know which to explore first.

Meanwhile Alberich finishes is song and stands gazing around the room. He notices a faint dweomer coming from inside the iron lock box on the table. And from inside one of the drawers of the dresser beside him. He cautiously opens the drawer to find it full of blank papers, quills, ink pots, and two potion vials.

Zuleyka had to repack the boots into her bag, and was just finishing with that chore when Al started rummaging through one of the drawers.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
w0idjp.jpg

Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 0

“Got something, dwarf?” Zuleyka asked as she noted the bard had stopped singing and was currently opening one of the drawers of the closet.

The drow turned her attention to the iron chest, investigating it carefully to see if it was safe.

“Male!” Zuleyka barked, reaching a hand out, snapping her long, delicate fingers to get Ssz’irac’s attention. “Whatever your name is. Commoner. Open this chest,” she demanded of him. “Let’s see what is inside.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Investigation: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (2/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ornate staff
Magical boots - needs short rest
Scroll: Longstrider
Scroll: Cure Wounds (Bilkar)
[/sblock]

JustinCase

His decision about what to examine first made for him, Ssz’irac moves back to Zuleyka. Motioning to the sarcophagus, he says, ”The lid has been moved recently. Best to check inside.”

Not waiting to see if the other drow goes to the side chamber, Ssz’irac focuses his attention on the chest. Pulling out several exotic-looking tools from his pack, the rogue first holds each iron implement before the lock, and upon deciding, takes two such tools and starts wiggling them in.

OOC: Roll for Thieves’ Tools: [roll0]

EarlyBird

Explorer
Oddly the lock of the iron chest clicks open, with Ssz'irac hardly fiddling with it at all.

OOC: DM rolls behind screen

Ssz'irac looks over the chest and notes its age and wonders if the lock wasn't already busted open once before.

Greenmtn

Explorer
"Bilkar is not thief!" Bilkar says with an offended look on his face.

Bilkar reads the journal entry out loud word for word.

"This not wizard Den. Spell could be here still."

JustinCase

"Too easy," Ssz'irac mutters to himself as he opens the chest with ease. Raising the lid, the drow quickly examines the contents, seizing any expensive looking items and holding them up for inspection in the air before stuffing them in his pack.

EarlyBird

Explorer
*pop*

As the lid lifts a magical glow catches Ssz'irac's eye and the greed wells up in the form of a smirk. Which quickly turns to horror as three bat like creatures come fluttering out of the box...

Stirge.jpg

Two head for the ceiling circling around and around as if looking for a way out. The third pokes its needle-like nose in the male drow's direction. The sharp point pierces the his forearm and the creature seems to attach itself there.

OOC: 15 min break so not much time to post
Atk Ssz'irac [roll0], dmg: [roll1]

Creatures are AC 14, HP 2
Two of which are 15' away from the party towards the ceiling and the last is stuck on Ssz'irac

JustinCase

As the strange creature pierces his skin with its pointy beak, Ssz'irac feels the blood flowing out of him and into the winged monstrosity. He stands for a second, then starts to spin as the blood loss robs him of his consciousness. The drow drops to the floor unceremoniously, the stirge still clinging to his arm.

OOC: That drops me to 0 hp...

Remove ads