D&D 5E EB's One Shot - Irongrad (IC)

EarlyBird

Explorer
The ruby is an odd gem as one side has been cut smooth, while the opposite side has the usually four to five facets. But what it does is beyond your understanding at the moment.

Having looked everywhere in what appears to be Merrin's workshop, the group realizes that the journal said the spell was buried with Iyarim, who must be the skeleton in the first room. If you think of this place as his whole tomb, than the spell could be buried anywhere down here. But no one took to checking the skeleton's person to see if the scroll was on him (or maybe in him?).

OOC: Skill challenge successful. The group knows that the spell is here and Merrin hasn't found it, from the journal entry. You all now believe it must be somewhere near or on the skeleton (who was Iyarim).

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar stops mid sprint jumping in the air and turning to the others my the sarcophagus. Eyes wide.

"Buried close to Irium! Bones, Irium, close to Bones!"

Bilkar scurries to the throneroom.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: Arcana roll I think - not sure how you ID something without Identify spel

Spending a short rest with an item allows you to identify it. Requires another short rest to attune. Unclear in RAW if you can chain those (2 hours), since it's still technically one short rest. The only way RAW you can immediately identify something is with the Identify spell. DM call on how to use Arcana, but I might at least allow them to decipher the school of magic.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
w0idjp.jpg

Eastern Cormyr/Irongard
Afternoon
Round 0

Zuleyka eyed the spell scrolls. Thunderclap was a bit noisy, but could be useful. She tucked it away into her pack to copy later. The other spell was barely decipherable to her, obviously not made by a wizard.

“I believe this is better for you,” the drow bladesinger said, handing the magic stone spell to Bilkar.

The little gnome jumped around excitedly and ran off back to the throne room where the bones lay.

“The little beast might just be right,” Zuleyka told Ssz’irac. “Merrim obviously didn’t find what he was looking for.”

She turned to follow Bilkar back to the throne. “Let’s see what we can find.” She started to search the throne for any secret compartments, and dig through the bones for whatever she might find.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Investigation: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction: Shield, if needed
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 7/7
AC: 13

Spells: +4, DC 12
Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Fire Bolt, Green Flame Blade, Shocking Grasp
L1 (1/2): Absorb Elements, Burning Hands*, Disguise Self*, Magic Missile, Shield*, Sleep
Arcane Recover (1/LR)*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
Ornate staff (Zuleyka)
Magical boots - needs short rest (Zuleyka)
Scroll: Longstrider (Zuleyka)
Scroll: Cure Wounds (Bilkar)
Magic ruby (Al)
Scroll: Thunderclap (Zuleyka)
Scroll: Magic Stone (Bilkar)
[/sblock]

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: If everyone else wants to investigate the throne room, Zuleyka rolled an 11. You can choose to Help giving someone else advantage instead.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ssz'irac moves after Zuleyka, comfortable with her taking the lead on the search of the skeleton and its throne.

OOC: I'd like to take the Help action to give advantage to Zuleyka.

Remove ads