Pathfinder 1E EB's RoleMaster Game: Second Darkness Adventure Path - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
Second Darkness
by various authors
see below
sky is falling.jpg

It has happened before. A star from the heavens lances down upon an unsuspecting world, devastating and destroying in a storm of fire and ash, making oceans from mountains and graveyards from nations. Today, this event is remembered not for its violent destruction, but for the thousand years of darkness it created—darkness both metaphorical in the descent to barbarisim and physical in the blotting out of the sun from the smoke and ash that blanketed Golarion. It was the end of the Azlanti race, yet it was the genesis of another. For as the proud Azlant fell, new eyes devoid of color and kindness opened in the deep caverns of the Darklands. And as this new race prospered deep below, its number swelling in secret, the seeds for a Second Darkness took root.

And thus we are set on our path...

Adventures:
Part 1: Shadow in the Sky, by Greg A. Vaughan
Part 2: Children of the Void, by Mike McArtor
Part 3: The Armageddon Echo, by Jason Bulmahn
Part 4: Endless Night, by F. Wesley Schneider
Part 5: A Memory of Darkness, by J.D. Wiker
Part 6: Descent into Midnight, by Brian Cortijo

Party:
Jerrod - human alchemist - player: hero4hire
Finn - human magnus - player: Yavathol
Gunther - human fighter - player: jonathonhawke

Links:
OOC
RG

EarlyBird

Explorer
It is a couple hours before dusk, a couple hours before the grand tournament being held at the Golden Goblin Gambling Hall. And the place is crowded, you have made your way in past the ten foot statue of the places name sake, and were greeted at the front door.

PZO9013-GoldenGoblinStatue.jpg

Just inside the main doors, two sultry beauties scantily clad and wearing faux bat wings, devil horns, and tails play the part of alluring succubi. Both are employees of the Gold Goblin, and they cheerfully register contestants for the tournament and process entry fees. Armed guards stand nearby to either side of an immense treasure chest into which each patron’s entry fee is added. The guards are on hand to not only protect the money, but to prevent any overzealous admirers from trying to dare the infamous touch of a succubus.

Beyond the registration table is the hall’s game floor. Dozens of gamblers, waitresses dressed as succubi, and bouncers mill about the room, wandering amid tables offering various games while dealers shuffle cards, roll dice, and spin wheels. Moving through this throng are a dozen more of the barely clad, batwinged vixens serving drinks and batting coal-black eyelashes flirtatiously for tips. In the center of the chamber is a short podium atop which sits a massive gold chest affixed to the floor by similarly gaudy chains. On either side of it stands a barechested bouncer in the exotic garb of some foreign sultan’s court. Each stands with muscled arms crossed over his chest and with a naked scimitar of prodigious size tucked through his waistband. High above them, from the hall’s cloth-draped ceiling, hangs a brass birdcage within which crouches a small, bat-winged, pointy-tailed devilish creature that sulks as it gazes over the room and occasionally rattles the bars threateningly.

golden goblin_3.jpg

Although the tournament hasn't started yet, there is plenty of gambling going on. You walk around the room looking for something to do to pass the time.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Jerrod smiles at his fortune, to be so close to having the funds to build a laboratory to continue his research. Suddenly he hears a shout from behind him.

"What a mighty hero! Ready to rescue the ale from any mug!", a gruff voice nearly howls.

Jerrod turns to see a short man dressed oddly, for Riddleport anyway, in no armor, but wearing a short sword. "What did you say?" the alchemist asks fingers playing across his dagger. Jerrod didn't wish to fight, but in Riddleport if you backed away then the thugs would pounce on you for sure.

Finn looks shocked as the tall man in a sleeveless long jerkin turns to confront him. "No, no it wasn't me. I didn't say anything."

"It was me! You and your fancyboy going to play a game or play with each other!" the ruff voice taunts.

You both turn and look down on the table.

ghouleete.jpg

The table is long and at the end of it sits a wheel with a ghoul like head in the center. It has twelve pie like slots with writing on each, which leaves you baffled.

A short bumox woman dressed as a succubi asks in an alluring voice. "Ghoulette gentlemen. A quick spin, a rough tongue, and a chance to turn your pennies into silver?"

EarlyBird

Explorer
Gunther has made the rounds of the room at the Golden Goblin, [perception roll please] and noticed where people are allowed and not allowed. He hopes the costumes on some of the bouncers are just for the tournament. He didn't wish to go around bare-chested. And he also noted there were only six guards in the huge room, counting the two near the giant chest. Maybe the others were off duty till the tournament? Or this place did need some more help, which would be good for the ex-Gendarme.

He finds a small table with three chairs and sits, putting the chips he received for his 10 silver and the "contract" he was sure was some ruse.

[sblock=Contract]
I, _________________________, do hereby sacrifice my immortal soul and the worldly sum of 10 pieces of silver to the devil to hold in escrow against his own stake of 10,000 silver coins in the gambling tournament being held at the Gold Goblin Gambling Hall of Riddleport on this Oathday, 14th day of Ardous 4708 AR.

I understand that my soul will be placed on deposit in the Hell's deepest pit of Nessus. Furthermore, I understand that all winnings shall be cataloged in concordance of souls, to be representes by teeth, bone, and hearts of the damned. By participating in the gambling tournament and beginning in the first pit of Avernus, my winnings shall earn my way deeper through the Hells on the following schedule;

25sp entry into Dis
50sp entry into Minauros
100sp entry into Phlegethos
200sp entry into Stygia
350sp entry into Malbolge
500sp entry into Maladomini
750sp entry into Cania
1000sp entry into Nessus

I understand that if I should lose my stake in the tournament I shall receive the Devil's Mark and my soul shall be cast upon the rocks on the shore of the River Styx.

I understand that if I elect to cash in my winnings before reaching the Pit of Nessus I shall forfiet my soul and 50% of the cash value of my winnings for said early departure.

If I am the first player to reach Nessus, then I am granted the redemption of my soul and the right to "Cheat the Devil and Take His Gold" in addition to collecting my winnings. In such a circumstance, all other players shall receive the Devil's Mark and forfeit their souls.

This I do swear.
- Witnessed by __Old Scratch[/sblock]

He ponders the words as a young succubi walks up to his table. "A drink sweety?", she asks innocently.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Watching the people and the crew of the Golden Goblin, Gunther sits back with his beer and wonders where the owner is... Saul Vancaskerkin. The one time crimeboss turned entrepreneur is probably waiting to make a grand entrance.

OOC: Perception high enough to figure you have seen all there is to see.

Yavathol

Explorer
Finn looked at the circular game board blankly. Looked up at the croupier, then across at the other man, desperately hoping for a sign that he knew how to play and would distract the croupiers..
"After you," he tried to recover, "I'm still getting the lie of the land, as it were. The name is Finn, by the way.."

He initially paid attention to the other man's response, unfortunately a short way through he caught sight of the strange caged devil, which so captivated his attention that he appeared rudely uninterested.

OOC:
Is that an actual minor devil of some kind? Is Finn able to identify it?

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: You can make a knowledge (planes) check - just roll 1d100 for all checks, if you roll a 96-00 you may roll again and add the new roll to the result.

creature-old_scratch.jpg

The creature looks bored, and Finn hears the croupier tell Jerrod, "Place up to any three non-silver bets on any comment or comments you wish..."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases